“Nice hotel”

Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Terre Haute
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed two nights here while attending the Tall Ship re-enactment of the Battle of Lake Erie over Labor Day. Our room was a bit small and cramped for what we wanted but it was one of the few hotels with everything we wanted. We cooked dinner in our room to save money and the microwave and minifridge made this challenging (but do-able) when compared to a true kitchenette.
We enjoyed the pool and large hot tub both nights, having to ourselves the second. The water was warm but refreshing.
Breakfast was miniwaffles instead of a waffle machine so the waffles get a little hard as they sit under the hot light. Other than that--a typical continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for your good input and I am glad you stayed with us during the tall ship weekend!! I am looking at a different way of doing the waffles I started having my breakfast staff making them about two years ago because it just seemed more personable and allowed for more interaction with the guests but I do not want my guests eating hard waffles so thank you for the input!!
Kevin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Ok...who was smoking what that made this a level 6? There were fresh squishy raisins on the floor of my room at check-in. There is dust on every picture frame and mirror. The air conditioner filter hasn't seen human hands in months. There is food in the hallways on the floor. While working at the computer I overheard 6 book-ins and the disparity between quoted rates and availability is enough to make me scream. Put a REAL mattress cover on and while you're at it- invest in a decent set of mattresses. Throwing a KING sheet on as a flat sheet means you have to tuck corners. As a Platinum Rewards member and a super Marriott fan... don't stay here. This place is a superlative rip off.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere...where they have real Marriotts.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brenda H
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I am so very sorry you had such a horrible stay. As a platinum rewards member you know that I have four promises I keep to all my guests and I feel that myself and the staff did not meet those promises and we let you down. As for the category that the hotel is that is set by Marriott. Myself or the owners have no input on setting that at all. In regards to my rates they fluctuate constantly and that is done to give the best competitive rate to people wanting to stay at the hotel my rates change along with the other hotels in the area. Once again I apologize for your horrible stay.
Holt, Michigan, United States
Reviewed August 31, 2013

the staff was outstanding the rooms were so clean and the breakfast was great for everyone. my daughter is allergic to a lot of foods and there was stuff even for her.and with such short notice to it was great thank you guys.

Room Tip: stay during the week less people
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I am so happy you had such a wonderful stay!! I am also glad you noticed our many options for breakfast, we always make sure we have many breakfast selections so people with food allergies may enjoy the vacation they are on!
kansas city
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have made the mistake of staying at places like the Howard Johnson and others while staying in Sandusky. I will say that I nearly stopped coming to Sandusky because of poor hotel accommodations. We stayed here on a Marriott property and were more than pleased with everything, including the price. What a relief having people that care about your stay.

Room Tip: You wont regret it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you so much for staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott. But most of all thank you for noticing how much we care about our guests. The most important thing about this job for me and my employees is that you know that you are cared for and your part of our hotel family and that when you leave here you have a lasting happy vacation memory to share for years to come.
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights here as we went to Cedar Point. Check in was quick, accurate and done with great service. All of the staff were so polite. The halls, rooms and entrance were all spotless. The hotel was so quiet, even while we were in the room across from the stairs and Ice machine. Asking for extra towels was no issue. The included breakfast was perfect...eggs, sausage, baked goods, yogurt, cereal, waffles, fruit. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank SHLROA
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
The staff and myself work so hard through the entire summer to give everyone of our guests a memorable vacation it is a day in and day out process that lasts from May through October. Your review is so nice!!!!!! It gives us the extra little lift we need to push through the season. Thank you for the great review and thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott.
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Clean, great beds, nice sized rooms, great free breakfast, convenient to Cedar Park and other local attractions. Breakfast was a particular high-light. More than just the muffin, banana and coffee you'd expect, virtually a full breakfast that was frequently resupplied. Overall, just what you'd expect from a Marriott property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the review. I am so glad you pointed out Fairfield Inn Sandusky now has a full breakfast. It gives you a great start for a long day at the park!! Also and most important thank you for pointing out our rooms are clean and the beds are nice to me staying anywhere is the most important thing. We look forward to seeing you again real soon!!
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Marriott rates this hotel as a category 6. It shouldn't be. Yes it's in a good location but the hotel it's self is old and needs updating. My room was right across from the dining area. There was a loud party going on until late and I could hear them. For breakfast it was good because we could grab the food and go back to our room since seating was limited. Breakfast was very good. The manager, Kevin, was very nice with my check out. All and all the rooms were comfortable but shouldn't be rated a category 6 in my opinion since I do know my hotels.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for your input and compliment about breakfast. The good news is we will be doing some updates this winter and expanding on the breakfast area. I hope to see you again next season for Cedar Point!!!