“The only place to stay in Sandusky”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have made the mistake of staying at places like the Howard Johnson and others while staying in Sandusky. I will say that I nearly stopped coming to Sandusky because of poor hotel accommodations. We stayed here on a Marriott property and were more than pleased with everything, including the price. What a relief having people that care about your stay.

Room Tip: You wont regret it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Thank you so much for staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott. But most of all thank you for noticing how much we care about our guests. The most important thing about this job for me and my employees is that you know that you are cared for and your part of our hotel family and that when you leave here you have a lasting happy vacation memory to share for years to come.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights here as we went to Cedar Point. Check in was quick, accurate and done with great service. All of the staff were so polite. The halls, rooms and entrance were all spotless. The hotel was so quiet, even while we were in the room across from the stairs and Ice machine. Asking for extra towels was no issue. The included breakfast was perfect...eggs, sausage, baked goods, yogurt, cereal, waffles, fruit. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank SHLROA
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

The staff and myself work so hard through the entire summer to give everyone of our guests a memorable vacation it is a day in and day out process that lasts from May through October. Your review is so nice!!!!!! It gives us the extra little lift we need to push through the season. Thank you for the great review and thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Clean, great beds, nice sized rooms, great free breakfast, convenient to Cedar Park and other local attractions. Breakfast was a particular high-light. More than just the muffin, banana and coffee you'd expect, virtually a full breakfast that was frequently resupplied. Overall, just what you'd expect from a Marriott property.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the review. I am so glad you pointed out Fairfield Inn Sandusky now has a full breakfast. It gives you a great start for a long day at the park!! Also and most important thank you for pointing out our rooms are clean and the beds are nice to me staying anywhere is the most important thing. We look forward to seeing you again real soon!!

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Marriott rates this hotel as a category 6. It shouldn't be. Yes it's in a good location but the hotel it's self is old and needs updating. My room was right across from the dining area. There was a loud party going on until late and I could hear them. For breakfast it was good because we could grab the food and go back to our room since seating was limited. Breakfast was very good. The manager, Kevin, was very nice with my check out. All and all the rooms were comfortable but shouldn't be rated a category 6 in my opinion since I do know my hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you so much for your input and compliment about breakfast. The good news is we will be doing some updates this winter and expanding on the breakfast area. I hope to see you again next season for Cedar Point!!!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Overall a good experience. We only stayed over 1 night and there were some issues with my card being charged too much but Kevin, the Manager, helped to straighten things out and handled the situation very professionally and was calm and curteous with me.. even though at the moment I was upset. The rooms were great, as with each Fairfield Marriott I have stayed in throughout Indiana, Ohio, and Illinois.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

I am so happy I could help you with that!!! Thank you for choosing my hotel and all your warm compliments I hope you come back real soon!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is my familes 4th stay in the past 6 months at this facility and they consistently provide excellent service in every aspect of hospitality. I would like to commend Kevin Bednarek (General Manager) with a special shout out to front desk customer service rep Andrea for providing outstanding customer service and making us feel right at home! I travel worldwide with Marriott being my preferred hotel of choice. Even though Fairfield Inn Sandusky is considered a category 3 hotel they consistently provide us with customer service that most category 6 hotels could learn from. Thank you for making our vacation get always comfortable and worry free, see you soon!

1  Thank Denise M

I am so happy that each and everyone of your stays here at the hotel has surpassed the high standard that Marriott requires for all its properties! Every year myself and the staff work hard to make sure that everyone of our guests feels special and remembers there stay for years to come!!
Its why I am in this business.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here on a Monday night after spending the day at Cedar Point. Very friendly people. We knew we wouldn't check in until late, and I had made reservation thru the Marriott website. On my reservation I'd requested a rollaway, but to be safe I called during the day to confirm. I was told by the pleasant woman on the phone that the bed request was noted and would be in the room when we arrived. She was so quick with her response that I didn't believe her....too convenient I thought. Well, we arrived at our room about 9pm and sure enough, there it was! Thankfully.

Next morning breakfast went very smooth...it was not overly crowded at all as some have noted. In fact it was quite empty...we were there at 8 a.m. We did need to get some extra towels, and I will say they were quite 'thin' from over use, but the folks were pleasant and gave them to us promptly.

The only negative was that we needed a blanket for the rollaway. I went down to request one and they said they only had one left and it was presently in the laundry. However, the woman offered to bring it to us when it was done, which would be about an hour. Well and hour came and went, we were all beat and went to bed. The blanket never came...fortunately, we did have a light blanket in the car so we retrieved it.

All it all it was a nice place, clean, breakfast was adequate, very friendly people....a little sparse with amenities and creature comforts, but all in all, we'd return.

1  Thank RNR8891
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Its great to hear that you enjoyed my staff and I am also glad that Andrea my front desk manager took care of you on the roll away and got it to your room. Its great to hear most of all that we leave a lasting good impression on our guests and I am glad that we did that for you!