“Overall a good experience.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky

Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Overall a good experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Overall a good experience. We only stayed over 1 night and there were some issues with my card being charged too much but Kevin, the Manager, helped to straighten things out and handled the situation very professionally and was calm and curteous with me.. even though at the moment I was upset. The rooms were great, as with each Fairfield Marriott I have stayed in throughout Indiana, Ohio, and Illinois.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I am so happy I could help you with that!!! Thank you for choosing my hotel and all your warm compliments I hope you come back real soon!
Kevin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Pinckney, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is my familes 4th stay in the past 6 months at this facility and they consistently provide excellent service in every aspect of hospitality. I would like to commend Kevin Bednarek (General Manager) with a special shout out to front desk customer service rep Andrea for providing outstanding customer service and making us feel right at home! I travel worldwide with Marriott being my preferred hotel of choice. Even though Fairfield Inn Sandusky is considered a category 3 hotel they consistently provide us with customer service that most category 6 hotels could learn from. Thank you for making our vacation get always comfortable and worry free, see you soon!

1 Thank Denise M
I am so happy that each and everyone of your stays here at the hotel has surpassed the high standard that Marriott requires for all its properties! Every year myself and the staff work hard to make sure that everyone of our guests feels special and remembers there stay for years to come!!
Its why I am in this business.
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here on a Monday night after spending the day at Cedar Point. Very friendly people. We knew we wouldn't check in until late, and I had made reservation thru the Marriott website. On my reservation I'd requested a rollaway, but to be safe I called during the day to confirm. I was told by the pleasant woman on the phone that the bed request was noted and would be in the room when we arrived. She was so quick with her response that I didn't believe her....too convenient I thought. Well, we arrived at our room about 9pm and sure enough, there it was! Thankfully.

Next morning breakfast went very smooth...it was not overly crowded at all as some have noted. In fact it was quite empty...we were there at 8 a.m. We did need to get some extra towels, and I will say they were quite 'thin' from over use, but the folks were pleasant and gave them to us promptly.

The only negative was that we needed a blanket for the rollaway. I went down to request one and they said they only had one left and it was presently in the laundry. However, the woman offered to bring it to us when it was done, which would be about an hour. Well and hour came and went, we were all beat and went to bed. The blanket never came...fortunately, we did have a light blanket in the car so we retrieved it.

All it all it was a nice place, clean, breakfast was adequate, very friendly people....a little sparse with amenities and creature comforts, but all in all, we'd return.

1 Thank RNR8891
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Its great to hear that you enjoyed my staff and I am also glad that Andrea my front desk manager took care of you on the roll away and got it to your room. Its great to hear most of all that we leave a lasting good impression on our guests and I am glad that we did that for you!
Medford, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

When our original accommodations had been in fear of a flood while we were staying in Freemont OH. We were able to find great accommodations at the this hotel. Andrea the Front Office Manager was so sweet and helpful. She has great customer service and was very accommodating when she had seen that my mother in law and I had been going to from hotel to hotel and striking out on rooms due to the Dance Competition that we were in town for had taken over majority of the hotel rooms in the area. The hotel was clean, comfortable and just what was needed for the weary travelers that we had become. The general manager Kevin was also helpful in getting us directions to Marble Head. I can't say enough about this hotel, and when you work in the hotel business as I do it is comforting to know that there are other hotels out there that will go out of their way for their guests as this hotel does. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is staying in the Sandusky area. Thank you again to Andrea and Kevin and their staff for a great stay.

Room Tip: Would definitely stay here
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much!!! Andrea I really appreciate your review. Its great to here from a fellow employee in the hotel industry on how my hotel is doing. I am so happy that you recognized how much we enjoy are guests and try to make them feel like family!! I also am glad that you found the stay clean and comfortable. Thank you again,
Kevin and Andrea
Waldorf, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

If you are planning a visit to Sandusky Ohio, (Cedar Point) I would recommend this hotel. We were greeted right away with a staff that was inviting, helpful and courteous. Hotel was clean and appeared to be cared for.

Though the rooms could have been a bit bigger, they did have a cramped feel and as well as the restroom. Towels seemed to be inventoried and well worn.

The notice left on the desk advising me of "the rooms inventory" and what it would cost me if I "Decided I liked it enough to take home with me" made me feel in a much less "Marriott" type hotel like one with a number as it's name...

The pull out bed my son slept on was terrible, in fact it was so bad, the floor was a better option... However once reported to the staff, they quickly arrived with extra bedding to help soften the bed...

Breakfast was provided, and there was ample parking.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Sandusky! The staff and myself are glad that you had a good stay and since your review I have started putting Marriott towels into the inventory stream.
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a reasonably priced hotel that's not too far away from Cedar Point. The room was clean and nicely furnished. Beds were a little soft and sunk into the middle, but after two full days at Cedar Point, we crashed and slept well. Can't rate the pillows as I always bring my own. Breakfast room was a bit crowded the third morning, but there was a good selection. I would definitely stay there again as it was a reasonable price and decent proximity to the park. Good variety of restaurants close. Our room was right by the elevator, so occasionally heard the "ding" as it arrived on our floor, but other than that, the room was very quiet.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay!! It pleases the staff and myself to know that you had a clean room and a comfortable stay!
Medellin, Colombia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The location is good but I didn't feel my room was very clean, there was an used soap bar in the bathroom and a wet towel when we checked in.
It's close to cedar point and has restaurants near by. If I go again I would book another hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Susana V
I wish we could have done more to give you a great time instead of an okay time. The staff and I work very hard to give everyone a memorable stay. I really hope you will come back and give us a second chance to really leave a good impression on you. Please come and try us again.