“Okay Hotel for Cedar Point, but Nothing Special!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Used reward points to find a Marriott close to Cedar Point and this was it. It is 10-20 minutes from Cedar Point but the rooms were dated. For a quick night in preparation for Cedar Point it was okay but if I had paid $140 for the room, I would have been disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Although I am surprised you found the hotel dated it was completely renovated inside two years ago this past May following Marriott's hotel policies on keeping a bright and up to date facility the inside of the hotel is Marriott's new green tea color for all Fairfield Inn's across the U.S.! The rates of this hotel are set to match competitively with all hotels in the area and I try very hard to give the best possible rate to all my guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

You get what this chain is known for clean rooms (bright crisp colors), reasonable price for brand (149+*), friendly and helpful staff (Janet-FD & Kevin-GM), Comfy bed (coming from owner of sleep number bed), room amenities (basics you would expect), wifi, and breakfast (the basics however hubby enjoyed sausage and coffee the most.) Yeah, hotels at Cedar point, but would have cost us 184+34(park discount for staying there)+ 20 breakfast and instead we spent 149+39(military discount). Savings of $50/day. Didn't use pool & fitness room, but looked clean. Also, awesome lil private seating deck to have a few drinks and cigars at end of day. Would definitely stay again.

FYI 6/7-6/9 is bike week so gets crowded in area and watch cops everywhere in this area- They love to get outsiders on traffic violations so be extra careful if you are out of state. We were lucky but saw a lot of other folks that were not.

2  Thank MsECostello
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you so much!!!!!!! It is so nice to see a review from bike week when things are constantly busy and to know that the staff and myself took care of you the guest. Everything was clean and you were well taken care of. This review made my week!!!!!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We arrived late only to find out they did not have our reservation which we had booked through the corporate reservation number. After about a half hour at the front desk we were given a room. Fairly clean except for some things on the bathroom floor which were still there after the maid came the next day. Comforter was so thin it felt like a sheet. Bed was a bit too soft. We never had the free breakfast because it ended at 9am. Also had problems with our key cards not working.

Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank LouieTee

I am very sorry you did not have a good stay and you also had problems with the reservation you made through "corporate". All our sheets and mattresses are purchased to meet all of Marriott's stringent guidelines and please next time you stay if you have any issues come to the front desk and see an agent, Andrea my A.G.M. or myself. We want to make sure you have a GREAT stay not a 'could be better' stay.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here one night while kids were at Cedar Point. Hotel staff was very friendly and honored my request for an early check in. Room was clean and comfortable. Much nicer than many other area hotels. Was near shopping and places to eat. Suites are spacious and perfect for a family.

Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Buckeyetraveler01

The staff and myself are glad you enjoyed your stay and we were able to provide a clean, comfortable room in a safe environment. I also glad you could check in early. Thank you for choosing to stay with all of us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites, Sandusky.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Typical of this type hotel in all the good things they offer for the price. Large, clean room,Tv, Internet, simple breakfast,etc. Reserved for 1 night, illness necessitated adding another--no problem,no hassle, lower rate even.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank greenfeet

I am glad you had a good stay and we could make things a little easier when you had the illness.
Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Fairfield inn & suites @ 6220 milan road, is the best hotel Sandusky ohio has to offer, better then cedar point properties. I checked in on 6/2/13 & checked out on 6/3/2013 This particular property is clean, the staff is extra nice & friendly ontop of going out of there way to make you feel at home, upon checking out I met with the general manager who ABSOLUTLY made the say even more nicer . I would recommend this property to anybody. Go blue & Go tigers.

1  Thank detroittravelking
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Myself and the staff are so happy you enjoyed your stay!! We pride ourselves in making all of our guests have the best possible vacation when they stay with us to go to Cedar Point! Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed here for one night before spending a day at Cedar Point. The entire town knows how to rip off the tourists on a busy weekend so I paid about 200 bucks for one night at is basic motel-style property which was way too much. In the following night, I stayed at both a Hyatt- and a Hilton-property of similar style and they both were of better quality and charged about half of what the Fairfield in Sandusky charged. To make things worse- charging so much on the weekend doesn't mean they staff accordingly: The so-called free breakfast was an absolute mess, hardly any food available, all seating taken, people everywhere and hardly any staff in sight to sort this nightmare. Like many other guests, I left again without having anything of this disgusting stuff to eat. The property itself was okay but nothing special, bed extremely wobbly and soft matures with cheap plastic filling in the pillows, quite outdated design overall but that seems to be standard in this type of US chain-motel. The pool happened to be located right next to the overcrowded breakfast area from where you could look right into it and while I usually don't care much about these kind of things, even I was too intimidated to climb into the pool in my bright yellow speedos while a whole bunch of conservative families with their children are staring at me.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank sydneyberlin

I am sorry you had such a horrible stay and you felt the town was overpriced. I am also not sure how you could say breakfast was bad when you said in your review you did not even eat it. You also said the breakfast room was packed so my guess is all the other guests must have loved it. We are a family hotel and I apologize you could not wear your yellow speedo. My hotel follows strict Marriott guidelines with breakfast seating and room requirements and we are also inspected twice a year by Marriott.
apologies,