“Could be better” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Chicago, Illinois
“Could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late only to find out they did not have our reservation which we had booked through the corporate reservation number. After about a half hour at the front desk we were given a room. Fairly clean except for some things on the bathroom floor which were still there after the maid came the next day. Comforter was so thin it felt like a sheet. Bed was a bit too soft. We never had the free breakfast because it ended at 9am. Also had problems with our key cards not working.

Stayed June 2013
1 Thank LouieTee
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
I am very sorry you did not have a good stay and you also had problems with the reservation you made through "corporate". All our sheets and mattresses are purchased to meet all of Marriott's stringent guidelines and please next time you stay if you have any issues come to the front desk and see an agent, Andrea my A.G.M. or myself. We want to make sure you have a GREAT stay not a 'could be better' stay.
Kevin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here one night while kids were at Cedar Point. Hotel staff was very friendly and honored my request for an early check in. Room was clean and comfortable. Much nicer than many other area hotels. Was near shopping and places to eat. Suites are spacious and perfect for a family.

Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Buckeyetraveler01
The staff and myself are glad you enjoyed your stay and we were able to provide a clean, comfortable room in a safe environment. I also glad you could check in early. Thank you for choosing to stay with all of us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites, Sandusky.
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Typical of this type hotel in all the good things they offer for the price. Large, clean room,Tv, Internet, simple breakfast,etc. Reserved for 1 night, illness necessitated adding another--no problem,no hassle, lower rate even.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank greenfeet
I am glad you had a good stay and we could make things a little easier when you had the illness.
Thank you for choosing us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Fairfield inn & suites @ 6220 milan road, is the best hotel Sandusky ohio has to offer, better then cedar point properties. I checked in on 6/2/13 & checked out on 6/3/2013 This particular property is clean, the staff is extra nice & friendly ontop of going out of there way to make you feel at home, upon checking out I met with the general manager who ABSOLUTLY made the say even more nicer . I would recommend this property to anybody. Go blue & Go tigers.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank detroittravelking
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Myself and the staff are so happy you enjoyed your stay!! We pride ourselves in making all of our guests have the best possible vacation when they stay with us to go to Cedar Point! Thank you for staying with us.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed here for one night before spending a day at Cedar Point. The entire town knows how to rip off the tourists on a busy weekend so I paid about 200 bucks for one night at is basic motel-style property which was way too much. In the following night, I stayed at both a Hyatt- and a Hilton-property of similar style and they both were of better quality and charged about half of what the Fairfield in Sandusky charged. To make things worse- charging so much on the weekend doesn't mean they staff accordingly: The so-called free breakfast was an absolute mess, hardly any food available, all seating taken, people everywhere and hardly any staff in sight to sort this nightmare. Like many other guests, I left again without having anything of this disgusting stuff to eat. The property itself was okay but nothing special, bed extremely wobbly and soft matures with cheap plastic filling in the pillows, quite outdated design overall but that seems to be standard in this type of US chain-motel. The pool happened to be located right next to the overcrowded breakfast area from where you could look right into it and while I usually don't care much about these kind of things, even I was too intimidated to climb into the pool in my bright yellow speedos while a whole bunch of conservative families with their children are staring at me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank sydneyberlin
I am sorry you had such a horrible stay and you felt the town was overpriced. I am also not sure how you could say breakfast was bad when you said in your review you did not even eat it. You also said the breakfast room was packed so my guess is all the other guests must have loved it. We are a family hotel and I apologize you could not wear your yellow speedo. My hotel follows strict Marriott guidelines with breakfast seating and room requirements and we are also inspected twice a year by Marriott.
apologies,
Zanesville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the night after a day at Cedar Point. We had a King room. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The room had a modern look like it has been recently updated. The room had a microwave, fridge, and flat screen TV. We didn't eat the free breakfast. I thought the price was a tad on the high side, but being near Cedar Point and Lake Erie the prices are higher in season. i would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that we could give you a nice stay so you could enjoy the park. Our job is to give you a clean fresh room that meets the highest standards set by Marriott and the guest.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ok, if your ever in Cedar Point Ohio and need a place to sleep because like me you can not drive home the same night , stay here! Amy checked us in and she was so cheery and warm and welcoming! Asked how we were what we had done that day told us where to go eat I mean there wasn't anything she did not tell us to make our stay more welcoming! She was awesome and I told her what room I wanted where I wanted it and she gave it to us! I was so happy to have had a great day and a great night sleep with free warm breakfast next day! Love this place and will sty there every time I go to cedar point amusement park because it was less than 5 minutes away and a great price! The rooms were completely updated!!!!!! Everything from the frames mirrors Tempurpedic like mattress bathroom and furniture! Loved it!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank adimitrakis
Spoiling our guests and going above and beyond at the Fairfield Inn is what myself and the staff strive for. Thank you for letting us know that we achieved that with your stay. We hope you come back real soon to enjoy the hospitality.