“Spoil me”

Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Chicago, Illinois
“Spoil me”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ok, if your ever in Cedar Point Ohio and need a place to sleep because like me you can not drive home the same night , stay here! Amy checked us in and she was so cheery and warm and welcoming! Asked how we were what we had done that day told us where to go eat I mean there wasn't anything she did not tell us to make our stay more welcoming! She was awesome and I told her what room I wanted where I wanted it and she gave it to us! I was so happy to have had a great day and a great night sleep with free warm breakfast next day! Love this place and will sty there every time I go to cedar point amusement park because it was less than 5 minutes away and a great price! The rooms were completely updated!!!!!! Everything from the frames mirrors Tempurpedic like mattress bathroom and furniture! Loved it!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank adimitrakis
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Spoiling our guests and going above and beyond at the Fairfield Inn is what myself and the staff strive for. Thank you for letting us know that we achieved that with your stay. We hope you come back real soon to enjoy the hospitality.
Kevin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Park Hills, KY (just outside Cincinnati)
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed one night before heading to cedar point and we typically do Marriott properties. It's the only one close by so we were stuck with it. The beds were as comfy as any other Marriott and the bathroom was large. We got a quick breakfast in the morning. Plenty to choose from but the eggs were awful. It was a quick 10 minute drive to cedar point after checking out. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott.
We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Cedar Point.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We recently stayed at the Sandusky, Ohio, Fairfield Inn. Room 231. Upon arriving around 2:15 am the card scanner for the door keys would not work and we couldn't get in the room. Had to go back downstairs to the desk. The desk clerk still couldn't get the card to scan. She tried several cards and none of them would work. Ater waiting almost 20 minutes she finally got some master key card that opened the door for us. Seeing we were not going anywhere that night, except to bed, we didn't need a key.

During the early morning a key card was slid under the door along with the bill. That key cards also didn't work.

The room was clean, two double beds, & sofa. Air conditioner was pretty quiet. We had it set on low cool and the temperature dial set at the half way point. The unit took a long time between cycles to turn on, which was fine for us. It was only 59 degree's that night. But the room was stuffy when we entered it.

Who keeps erasing the Microwave clock settings? I had to reset that. The mini refrigerator was whisper quiet. The room window only opened 2 inches, which is useless for ventilation. There was no screen on the window either. Thumbs down on the CFC light bulbs in all the lamps, very dim in the room.

Both beds were a bit soft, but not worn to the point you sunk into the matress. Bedding was clean. Pillows were way to soft for us - but we bring our own from home anyway.

Bathroom vanity is outside of the bathroom. The orange glow night lite on the hairdryer was cuckcoo. When the light switch was turned off the orange light would shut off instead of turning on. So it was dark trying to find the bathroom in the dark.

Thumbs down to the bathroom fan coming ON with the light in the bathroom. Who wants to hear the fan in the next room running at 4am? The Fan should have a seperate switch to operate. If you hang up clothes on the clothes rod, the clothes block your view of the light switch for the bathroom, as it is outside the bathrrom door on the left side.

Bathroom & shower area were clean and had the rougher, no skid tile that dried pretty quick. Vanity was stocked with Panteen Shampoo. Love the 1500 watt Sunbeam hair dryers. Bathroom towels were a bit small. Wrapped arould my waist - there was barely 2" overlap of the ends of the towels.

The room overlooked Route 250 and I was bothered by Road Noise. At 5 to 6am there was some loud motorcycle noise and semi truck noise that was bothersome.

We did not partake in the breakfast or use the pool or other facilities, so we cannot comment on those.

Just a few minutes down the road from shopping, restuarant, gas stations and Cedar Point Amusement Park. I would stay at this hotel again if in the area.

Room Tip: If road noise bother's you, ask for a room that doesn't face out on to Route 250.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your input on your stay. It is nice to read a detailed review on the good things and the items myself and the staff need to work on. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I promise you that the items that you listed will be looked into and worked on to be corrected so your next stay and the other guests will have a more enjoyable one.
Ohio
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our king room was on the first floor and was clean and ready when we checked in. Mini fridge and microwave were nice to have in the room. I only saw the popcorn machine once during the two days and nights that we were there. Heater worked well since it is still so cold in Ohio.

Breakfast room was nice and right beside the indoor pool. Scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels, muffins, small waffles, donuts, cereals, yogurt, fruit, coffee and milk. I tried the oatmeal (they had raisins, brown sugar and nuts too) but it was like glue. Breakfast attendant on Friday morning looked like she wished she was anywhere else. Breakfast attendant on Saturday morning was cheerful and welcoming and wiped off the tables.

Front desk staff was very helpful.

My only complaint is I wish hotels would put some insulation in the walls. I really hate hearing other people when I'm trying to sleep.

Room Tip: Not much traffic on Rt 250 for this visit, but I'm guessing that you can hear that traffic durin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ayrshirefarmer
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and your room. I apologize on behalf of the breakfast person that worked Friday morning but I am glad my front desk staff and the peron that worked Saturday greeted you better. I am also happy that you enjoyed your breakfast we have the full breakfast now which I think offers a good start for the day. I hope to see you again soon and thank you for staying with us!
Kennett Square PA
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This Fairfield Inn was clearly trying hard. We entered to a popcorn machine and coffee in the lobby at about 5 p.m. I am not a fan of popcorn or its smell, but others may like it. The room was as advertised, quiet and on an upper level. The staff was helpful at checkin and at the breakfast buffet. The room was clean, comfortable and all in good order. The towels were a little thin, but that was a small matter.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms sometimes face the roof of the indoor pool. Specify no roof view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your warm review I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I am going to get better towels brought in. You are right they are a little thin. We hope to see you again soon :)
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We met family half ways between Minnesota and New York. Fairfield Inn was the best reviewed and best prices while being in the middle of everything we needed. Kevin was extremely helpful when our rooms weren't quite what was needed. Upgrading and moving us to a larger room with an adjoining room. Perfect for families! We would love to come back to the area and see more of the attractions we missed. I know we will stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
I have to say one of the biggest joys I get out of my job is watching families reunite when they are miles apart from each other and I was glad myself and the staff were able to give you and your family such an enjoyable stay and we hope you come back real soon!
Marcy, New York, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I would stay here anytime I was in this area! We have had a great experiance. Friendly and helpful staff, clean hotel and rooms. Pool was great,breakfast was great. We couldn't be happier with our stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We try to exceed our customers expectations and it looks like we have done that. Please come back and see us again.