“A little better than the typical Fairfield” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky

Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Minneapolis
“A little better than the typical Fairfield”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

The staff is friendly and the hotel is located under 5 miles from Cedar Point. The pool and hot tub are pretty nice. Workout room is just 1 bike, 1 treadmill, and a few weights. The breakfast is free, but chaotic as heck and not nearly enough seating. The rooms were pretty roomy. It was clean enough I guess. One of the beds was hard as a rock, the other one fairly comfy. The pillows were terrible though. All in all, decent value.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank You so much for the compliments about my front desk agent Jim. We are working on the breakfast room issue and trying to think of a way to free up more room. We look forward to seeing you next year.
Kevin James Bednarek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Suite that was just as described was waiting for us (very late arrival). Jim at the front desk was super friendly and accommodating, even leaving the pool open late for us to enjoy. The room was clean and the beds had plenty of pillows. Breakfast room was small for Halloweekend crowds but well stocked and with a decent breakfast variety. Would stay here again on our next trip to Cedar Point for sure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you so much for the great view the staff and myself look forward to seeing you again.
Alma, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I checked in on a Sunday night around 8pm they gave me my room and I went up open door and room looked like a cyclone hit it!! when down and they upgraded me to a suit, when I open door to room the smell knocked me over like mold from wet carpet in front of Hot Tub. not very impressed. The next day at breakfast it was laughable, my business partner could not eat at all not even a banana that was so ripe it was much. I will never not stay at this hotel if Im not sure it’s clean no way!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Sir, I am very sorry that you were checked into a room that was not ready this is why my staff upgraded you to a full spa king. I would also like to state that we have more at breakfast then just bananas. We offer a wide range of Jimmy Dean Breakfast sandwiches, fruit cups, yogurt, waffles and other fresh fruit. I am very sorry that your work partner was not happy with the banana.
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

This Fairfield Inn was a great stop for us on our trip to Virginia. We were greeted with smiles at check-in, which went quickly and smoothly. We were also greeted by housekeeping with smiles. The room was spacious, with a very comfortable bed, 5 pillows on the king bed, good wi-fi connnection, and most amazingly was the quietness of the room, with no outside sound from other rooms, tv, or people in the hall. A nice touch in the clean bathroom were the shampoo and conditioner from Paul Mitchell. The pool was great, as was the whirlpool, with extra towels provided. Breakfast was the standard fare, delicious and plentiful. If in the area again, we will stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for all your compliments about my hotel!!! My staff and I work very hard to make sure you enjoy your stay and are treated like our family. We want you to have the best stay possible.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

What a pleasure to remember this spot. You will come away thanking me for this review if you end up in this location. The front desk staff from the start made you feel at home and did all they could to help out in your stay in this area. The location was centrally located. We loved the cleanliness of the room and the overall layout of the room we stayed in. The continental breakfast choice just added to the stay. Highly recommend to any traveller.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank You so much for everything you have said about my hotel. We hope to see you again!
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed here one night after a long day of traveling and cedar Point. The hot tub was great for our aching bodies. The front desk clerk was great and helpful directing us to a place to eat diner. Room was comfortable and clean. All in all I can't complain. Breakfast was more than we all expected. Plenty of options. Will be back again next year.

Room Tip: The sports bar across the street has great food and the staff is really nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am glad that you got to get away for a quick break and came and stayed here at our hotel. Thank you for all the nice things you had to say about the Fairfield Inn and Suites!
downingtown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We were booked to stay in a hotel on Cedar Point property, but since it received bad reviews, we switched to Fairfield Inn. Friendly staff, free internet, free good breakfast, pool and hot tub. Good location to shopping and restaurants. 10-15 from Cedar Point Amusement Park. The reason I gave it a 4 instead of 5 is because they never called me with my wake up call.
Suggestion: we stayed in other Fairfield Inns and they have shampoo, conditioner and body wash dispensers on the wall in the shower. It is less messy than those little bars of soap and tiny bottles of shampoo and conditioner. I would go back- good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kevin B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us!! I will bring up possibly putting the dispensers in as you suggested it seems like a great idea.

Thank you again!!!