“So much fun, unique food, great service, Emily” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crush Winebar

Crush Winebar
Reserve with OpenTable
Crush Winebar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 180 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: American, Pizza, International, Fusion, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Water Street
Annapolis
“So much fun, unique food, great service, Emily”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

A server from a nearby restaurant (which we loved) recommended Crush. Our whole dinner consisted of the small plate offerings which were delicious and filling. Our favorites: olive mix, cheese plate, steak, beets. We did have room for dessert, thank goodness. Eat here!!!
Our only problem was it was sooo dark.

Fort Myers, Florida
“Crush Winebar & The Kitchen Bar = Best drinks & sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

We visited Crush (actually, we were on the other side, in The Kitchen Bar) before we headed to ZINC for dinner, and it was my first time visiting Crush/Kitchen Bar and I LOVED it! The Surf & Turf roll was PHENOMENAL, probably the best sushi I've ever had. I HIGHLY suggest a visit to Crush Winebar (and the Kitchen Bar for sushi!) to anyone who is in the downtown Sandusky area.

Visited August 2014
North Ridgeville, Ohio
“Extensive wine list-and beer too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

The local wineries don't serve beer, so if you are with people who don't drink wine they have a great beer selection. We sat on the Italian side and got two different specials. Mine was listed as smokey but instead it was spicey. It was delicious but It did not go at all with the wine I had because of that. My husband's salmon pasta dish was amazing. It would be great if they would advise wine pairings. More flight options would be good too. The pours on the flights are generous. You can enjoy your regular go to wine from the store, or be adventurous with some less common findings. Loved the decorations and atmosphere, and the waitress did not mind spending time answering questions. Prices are a good for what you get. They have the cutest seating outside in the alleyway.

• Visited July 2014
San Ramon, California
“Flights of wine plus yummy food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

The Crush Winebar has 2 sections with 2 separate menus (and separate billing). The right side is a bar with Asian fusion cuisine. We tried the pot stickers, and they were perfect; the sauce that was served with them was very spicy and tasty. Our table was ready right away, and we moved over to the left side of the space. The menu there was Italian. My daughter enjoyed a beet salad (best she had ever tasted) and some scallops. We shared the bread with the dipping sauce and a cheese platter. I ordered the Bolognese Ragu. The portion was generous, and the sauce was wonderful; it was made with small chunks of meat rather than ground beef. I took home my leftovers, and the dish was even better the next day. Our waitress was especially attentive and helpful. We enjoyed sampling the different wines, and I appreciated that the bar offered different sizes of tasting portions. I'd love to go back and try some of the other menu items.

Lake Villa, Illinois
“Fun tapas menu, great wine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

We just spent the weekend in Sandusky and went to this restaurant for a Saturday night meal. It was a really fun way to eat your dinner. There were 6 of us (myself & husband and 4 teenagers) and we ordered a bunch of small plates to share which were all delicious. The portions are small so ordered a little more than one plate per person. Two of the teenagers had a pizza each (also wonderful and slightly larger than a dinner plate in size) and one small plate to share. The other four of us ordered six plates and one slightly larger cheese plate and it was plenty of food. We tried a wide range like perogies, beets, steak, etc and all were wonderful! I also had a wine flight which was very good (although the wine flight don't offer much variety, i.e, all the wines in my flight were pinots). My husband had a single glass of excellent wine. I would make a reservation - the restaurant is somewhat small and definitely fills up.