“Awful first experience ”
Review of Crush Winebar

Crush Winebar
Reserve with OpenTable
Crush Winebar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 183 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Water Street
“Awful first experience ”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Went to Crush on a Sunday afternoon for a late lunch early dinner. We were seated right away but that was about the only positive we had with the whole experience. We waited 15 minutes before we even saw our waitress. We ordered a bottle of wine and had to wait another 20 minutes before we even got the bottle and it was semi chilled. Our waitress only checked on us one time through the entire meal and we were there over 2 hours. I had ordered a special pasta entree and it was heavily doused in olive oil to the point I could taste nothing but the oil. My husband ordered a burger medium well and it came out burnt to a crisp. It was so awful it tasted like burnt ash and the bun was soggy. I was so bummed because we had heard so many good reviews of Crush and were hoping to return but we will never be back.

ohio
“Excellent Birthday Meal”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We recently ate at this downtown Sandusky restaurant for my birthday and could not have been happier. I had the spinach pasta with salmon and sun-dried tomatoes special which was creamy, rich and well prepared. My husband had the Roasted Butternut Squash Ravioli and is still raving about the taste and wants to return. We shared a bottle of wine from the extensive wine menu and completely enjoyed our lovely evening. We will return soon.

• Visited January 2014
Sandusky, Ohio
“Great wine bar, very good restaurant.”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The original wine bar is outstanding, beautiful and with excellent bartenders making your cocktails and pouring your wine. The new kitchen bar is very nice, too, but I prefer the original side. The small plates are generally very good, but the dinners are never quite as good as we expect when we order. The service is generally good. The atmosphere is great! A must visit in Sandusky.

• Visited July 2013
Sandusky, Ohio
“Awesome food and service”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

This place is outstanding! We ate at the kitchenbar this time. I highly recommend the surf and turf sushi roll. We had potstickers and they were also very good. They have a great drink selection, too. This place does not feel like it is in Sandusky. It should be in Cleveland or another big city. I was very impressed with our server. She was extremely pleasant and attentive. I would absolutely recommend this place to couples as it is a very intimate atmosphere.

Stow, Ohio
“Disappointing experience”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The lack of customer service ruined our experience and we will never go back. I asked if a substitution could be made to accommodate an allergy and was informed by the waitress that this was not an issue. When my food was brought from the kitchen, I confirmed that the substitution was made, and was assured it was fine. My first bite, I could tell there was a problem. When we complained, the plate was taken away without apology. The waitress's only response was that she had put my request in the computer and it was not her fault. No one asked if I was ok. We decided to speak with the manager, hoping for an apology and some assurance he would talk to his staff. After all, I was going to have a long uncomfortable night ahead. Instead,his first response was that I need to take responsibility for my allergy and perhaps I should not eat at his restaurant. We were shocked! We were not being loud or rude about our complaint. When I stated that, I am quite sure how to manage my allergy, and simply wanted an apology, he abliged by mocking me with a very insincere "oh my gosh, I'm sorry". At this point, if enough damage was not done, he went into a lecture of how my allergy could not be, as the substitution I requested was too closely related. I have never been treated in such a manner and am severely disappointed in the attitude and behavior of the staff and management at Crush.

Visited September 2013