“Above average for the area”
Review of Crush Winebar

Crush Winebar
Reserve with OpenTable
Crush Winebar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 187 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Water Street
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I wanted to try Zinc, based on TA reviews, but it is closed on Sundays. Crush is basically across the street, and I was happy to find they were still serving food at 8:45 p.m. While it was a pleasant alternative from eating in a chain restaurant, I can't rave about my experience. Pros: good wine selection by the glass, interesting choices for 'small plates', nice atmosphere. Cons: my sauvignon blanc was served warm, each of the two 'small plates' that I ordered was topped with two slices of bread (I'm not a big bread person, and was looking for something healthy); the sauce accompanying the shrimp was sooooooooo salty that I couldn't finish the dish. Overall, just OK. I'll try Zinc next time...

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is the place for locals, for a cool place for wine of all types, for a great meal with a greeat twist, and for people watching. It is owned by the operators of Zinc, which is located across the street, but not a reservation type establish,ent. During the summer there is a nice outdoor patio along the side. Excellent pastas, small pizzas, some fish specials, appetizers, small plates, always a steak or two on the menu. Portions are geared towards a wine bar menu. Great selection of wines! Always busy.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Service = big fat 0, the waitress acted as though we were an inconvenience...there was no one (customers) in the restaurant when we arrived.
Food - ok
Wine - ok
Price - overly
Atmosphere - ok
Nothing special about this place.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Good food and atmosphere - shared some small plates.

I would recommend the pasta dish with mushrooms.

They have a nice little courtyard patio. It was too hot for us to enjoy it during our visit.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We wanted to eat somewhere that adults could enjoy in a very family oriented area. The wine list was extensive. You had a choice of 3 sizes to choose from for your wine. The small plates were very good and fun to share. The service was a little slow but it was right after a tornado warning and severe storms had gone thru the area and they might have been short staffed. They were pleasant and we were not in a rush so it was fine. I would suggest if you order the small plates you may want to skip dinner. We ordered both and could not finish dinner. The place is very modern decor and clean.