“Best Ice Cream in the USA!”
Review of Toft's

Toft's
Ranked #1 of 5 Shopping in Sandusky
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Tons of flavors. Old Fashioned Ice Cream. Double Scoop of the Banana Split in a waffle cone is my favorite. (Banana Split is a Flavor of ice cream not an actual Banana Split)

1  Thank Justin412

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Go here at least three or four times every summer. Small, desk like chairs indoors to enjoy the many flavors of ice cream, or go outside to the well maintained "picnic" area where there are ample tables under cover.

1  Thank laurel d
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Found this gem as we were traveling from Cedar Point Amusement Park Complex to the Marblehead Lighthouse. Fresh, traditional (not soft-serve) ice cream that is so rich and creamy! So many flavors to choose from and the portions are HUGE. My small cone had over 3 scoops and I believe it was between $3-$4! During summer season they don't give samples which was a shame because there were a few unique flavors I would have loved to have tried but wasn't daring enough to get a whole bowl. This place is like a pice of Americana, something I grew up with in the 70's and 80's but is a rare find in today's world of DQ's and yogurt bars. It was nice to sit outside under an umbrella watching my kids try to keep up with the "runs" on their cones. Definitely worth a trip there while in the Sandusky area!

1  Thank 2PennStatePitaBabies
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Growing up in Ohio, this was always a favorite place of mine. Now, when I visit from Florida, I make sure this is on my to-do list! Portion size is great, flavors are bountiful. Was a little disappointed this time that there was a hand-written sign posted that said something to the effect of, "Due to the busy season, we will not be able to give out samples." Was hubby's first time, so of course, he wanted to try something! Overall, great time, and I'll be back.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Very good ice cream & good service,they been around a long time,a nice varity to pick from.One those places for people of all ages & the place looked clean.

1  Thank TeriD D