“Directly across from Lake Erie, but an old establishment”
Review of Bay View Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandusky
Bay View Motel
Ranked #2 of 9 Sandusky B&B and Inns
western Oklahoma
“Directly across from Lake Erie, but an old establishment”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

This motel was exactly what we were looking for! It was off the beaten path, but still close enough to Cedar Point. The area was very quiet and well patroled by the local police. I'm telling you, the building is old. It's across the street from Lake Erie, so it will have smell issues for some people. But it's directly across the street (a quiet street) and the view is amazing! We actually stayed in a smoking room even though we are non-smokers and it wasn't bad at all. For our group, the accomodations were perfect... our family had a family room with 3 double beds in it. When I went to check in, the lady taking care of that asked me if I would like to see the rooms first. I declined. Just her asking was enough to know that they are confident in what they have to offer. But I am sure they have had plenty of uppity travelers who would really rather be at the Ritz really turn up their noses at an establishment like the Bay View Motel, and they probably just decided that they weren't worth the time & paperwork if they were to leave. (the paperwork is all done by hand and the room charge is figured by long hand) I'm pretty easy to please- as long as it's clean, safe, odor free, and the help is pleasant enough, I'm a happy traveler.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family