“Totally Unacceptable”

Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
LaPorte, IN
“Totally Unacceptable”
Reviewed July 17, 2006

The nightmare started when the motel did not have our reservations correct. Once we got that corrected and went to our rooms we were totally shocked. In the first room the bathroom had not been cleaned. There was a toothpaste tube on the floor, sand all over the floor, trash in the waste can and all sorts of hair products under the sink area. No towels at all. The phone literally fell apart when you picked it up and the TV didn't work. The room was moldy/musty smelling and there were no fans or ventilation in the bathroom. There was however a window that would not open. In the second room there were no towels in the bathroom and after two request we still did not receive any. The bathroom had heavy mold in the tile around the tub surround and again no ventilation at all. The musty/mold smell was almost over-powering. The staff was very rude and less than helpful. Had there been another motel in the area, we would have gone elsewhere. The price was over $100 per room when you included the taxes and the "free" breakfast wasn't worth the time to check out. The only good thing about this motel was that it had a pool. I've stayed for less and had much better quality rooms and service. I will never go back to this one. Horrible experience.

2 Thank Ludelia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Michigan
Reviewed July 1, 2006

The four of us stayed here June 30, 2006. Overall it was a good stay. Front desk was a little slow @ checking us in. There is a bar or something connected to the hotel- Every now and then you could here the music blaring. Once we got to sleep it was fine. We did not try the free breakfast- wanted to get to Cedar Point ASAP. There is a shuttle available to take you to the park-again we did not take advantage. Rooms were old but very clean. Good location-easy to find-close to Cedar Point/and resteraunts. I would stay here again if the rates were a little cheaper and if we were staying one night. We paid approx. $91 total.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank JamieRDH
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed June 16, 2006

The picture of the room on their website is accurate, but old. The rooms have seen some use since the picture was taken. B/C of it's price, it must attract the wrong type of people. You do get what you pay for. We saw profanity carved into doors inside one room and on the sidewalk, and we could still see words that had been painted over on the bedroom wall of a different unit when the light hit it right. The pool looked dirty & there were no umbrellas available. The ice machine was broken. If you are on a tight budget & can bear with the problems, the rooms seemed clean enough. The staff was okay & changed our room when we complained. The breakfast was coffee, juice, and donuts. If you can afford it, spend a little more and stay somewhere else. I thought that since it was a Choice hotel, it would be nicer, just without a lot of perks. I was disappointed.

• Stayed June 2006

Travelers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

Chicago
Reviewed May 30, 2006

Dh and I stayed the memorial day weeked there during our trip to Cedar Point and was not disappointed at all. The Hotel staff was polite, the room was wonderful. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2006
1 Thank Daila35
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 8, 2006

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel last year, and the year before! We had a nice stay, and although we have certain standards, we also understand how old this hotel is! I am 29 years old, and use to stay here all the time with my family when I was little because we had a yearly trip to Cedar Point every year! I cannot complain about this hotel. Except one time we needed more towels, which we got, and our tv remote didn't work! We just got off our butts and changed the channel manually! If you don't want to spend alot of money, and you want a clean place to sleep and shower, (because for the most part you'll be at Cedar Point anyway!), this is the place to stay. I'm sure there are certain staff members and rooms that aren't so appealing to people at times, but you will have that no matter where you stay! Even at the resort hotels! Every hotel is different and even the nicer ones have crappy rooms and sometimes crappy service! And apparently crappy, overly picky customers!!!! Just stop complaining and go fork our over $100 a night for a Cedar Point Area hotel or $300-$400 a night for a resort hotel, and then post your opinion! I think you'll find you were much happier having the extra money you saved with your rate here, than what you'd pay somewhere else so you can spend more at Cedar Point! And if you have kids, you know what I'm saying!!!! Have a nice day!!

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 12, 2006

I have a wife and four kids, I booked cheap so we could have more money for the park and attractions. The pool there was awsome, the manager Rhonda was awsome, yes it needs updated but who cares when your just sleeping there! It's old but clean, So if you don't need satian sheets and charman toliet paper stay here!!

• Stayed February 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Greenwood, IN
Reviewed February 19, 2006

DON'T STAY HERE! This place was the nastiest, trashiest motel I've ever seen. Reserved room online. BIG MISTAKE! If you like mold, mildew, rotting drywall, falling ceilings, electrical problems, dirty rooms, dirty pool and rude staff this place is for you. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING! Room looked nothing like the pictures online. Dirty linens, rotting, water damaged & moldy drywall in the bathroom. Mold on the walls in the room. Ceiling was falling down... Oh yes, and I have pictures to prove it! I wouldn't leave my dog here for an hour. Our vacation was ruined since we had to drive around for 7 hours trying to find a decent hotel!

3 Thank katesold