“Best Value in Sandusky”

Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Richmond, VA
“Best Value in Sandusky”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay in the area while visiting a relative, and was surprised at how expensive everything was because of Cedar Point. I found this place on Trip Advisor, and learned that there was new management and some recent renovation. So, despite some earlier poor reviews, we gave it a shot. Now, this is a motel, plain and simple, but for the price, I have been very pleased. My nonsmoking room was spotless, the bed was comfortable, and the price was right. No frills, not even a coffee pot in the room, but if you are looking for clean, comfortable, and (relatively) cheap, this is the place.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I wrote a review about this hotel last year, so here's an update. I stated I wouldn't pay to stay here because my last stay was a free night redemption. However, again my kids were at Cedar Pt, I needed somewhere to relax and I didn't want to pay alot of money for a few hours. The rate was great around $55 and the rooms were actually renovated and its was suprisingly noticeable. It served its purpose for 1 day, staff was friendly, the room was clean and the bed was pretty comfortable. IF you are looking for a solid 3 1/2 to 4 star motel this is not the place for you, try a higher chain but if your looking for cheap and clean this is your stop.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Nurse4u1976
rodewayinnsouthsandu, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn South, responded to this review, June 10, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m glad you had an acceptable experience with us, but I apologize that we couldn’t satisfy you completely. I’m pleased our staff were friendly and helpful. Please know that we’ve improve the hotel in many ways recently and are now providing a better experience than ever before. I hope you will soon give us another try.

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days. Loved the stay. staff was very friendly. loved the service. the rate was excellent compare to other hotels. would recommend this to every one,

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank hum t
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Could not stay here, as it was so horrible. Words are not even defined & composed to portray how bad this place is. I hear there is a club which you can join, if you stay the entire night without getting a staph infection: you win bragging rights and a shirt. I <Heart> Rodeway Inn South.

Room Tip: Bring all of your animals with you. All rooms must be smoking. Smoke 'em if you got 'em!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
9 Thank kingtot
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I apologize for any ways we let you down. We take real pride in our hotel and have made many recent changes to improve the guest experience. We’re now doing even better for our guests than ever before and encourage you to give us another try. We’ll provide a nicer experience for you next time.

Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I canceled 24 hrs. in advance due to a medical emergency. They told me it wasn't enough notice and wouldn't give a refund without a doctor's note and even then they might not give me a refund. I faxed them a doctor's note and they still wouldn't give me a refund and were very rude over the phone. This place is unbeleivable. Do not stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GoodTaste22
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sure any billing issues were resolved long ago, but I want you to know that we’ve made staffing and other changes in recent months that have significantly improved the quality of the guest experience. I hope you will try us again soon if you haven’t already so you can see how we’ve change for the better. You will always be welcome here.

Pittsburgh
Reviewed September 25, 2011

The local hotels really raised prices for Saturday night. Not sure if it was because of Halloween at Cedar Point or Point Fest but the prices jumped a lot. So, we decided the only thing left to do was to try this place. It's reviews were not too bad. The bathroom had mildew in the grout, there was a dust ring about the perimeter of the carpeted floor. It was definately very simple. The beds were fine. It was fine for crashing just the night after visiting Cedar Point. Breakfast was OJ and muffins. Really, it was only $50 and truly for that price I cannot complain much. The staff was very nice and accommodating with us with an error on the reservation.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Ellwood City PA
Reviewed September 20, 2011

As others have stated, this hotel did it's job, a good sleeping room, clean, and quiet. Make sure you reserve a room away from the pool, just for the noise factor. The room was clean, the beds quite comfortable. The room was cheap, and near to Cedar Point, as well as restaurants, etc. I'd use it also as a stopping off place for Put-in-Bay also, for a day trip.
My only complaint was that there was no hair conditioner provided. Plenty of soap, shampoo and clean towels.
The desk clerk's were friendly, and recommended Diana's Deli for breakfast (read my review), and we're very glad that they recommended it! :)
Packaged danish, along with coffee and juice were provided for a quick snack in the am.
All in all, we'd stop there again when travelling in the area.

Room Tip: Away from the pool.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m glad you had a pleasant experience with us and could only find minor issues with which to find fault. Nothing means more to us than a pleasant guest experience. Since your stay, we’ve made a number of changes and improvements that make the guest experience better, and I hope you will try us again soon -- if you haven’t already. We’re always here when you need us.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandusky
Magnuson Hotel East Sandusky
Budget Host Inn
Budget Host Inn
#21 of 35 in Sandusky
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites South

Been to Rodeway Inn South? Share your experiences!