When they put 'suites' in the title or refer to it as a 'resort', you expect a certain level of quality. Toss in the room price, and you definitely expect more than just a basic room for your cash. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Check-in was available much earlier than expected. The issue is that the building is older and the rooms don't seem to have been updated. We stayed in a '2 room suite'. This was basically two very narrow rooms connected with an accordion door. Once you folded out the couch, you could not walk around it without having to climb over it. The nice thing was that there was access to the one bathroom from either 'room'. The mattress on the fold-out couch was very, very thin. The mattresses on the two beds were not much better. The pillows are very thin... almost like airline pillows. The linens were very low quality and the towels were thin and scratchy. Oh, and they only had 'Lake View" rooms available for a higher price when we booked. A look out the windows of our first floor room and you had a view of the swimming pool, flowerbeds, and if you leaned out and looked waaaaaay to the right, you caught as glimpse of the sand and a bit of Lake Erie. Again, for a place to stay very near the park, the hotel is great. For the money, I would look into some name brand hotels a bit further from the park. There is not even a free continental breakfast, or preferred parking at Cedar Point, or any other perk you might expect for staying in an on-site 'resort'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close enough to the fun, yet secluded and relaxing, Sandcastle Suites has something for every member of your family. This all-suite hotel offers rooms with the features families want: flat-panel TVs, remodeled bathrooms, and screened in balconies. Situated at the tip of the Cedar Point Peninsula, Sandcastle Suites brings you dramatic views of Lake Erie and Sandusky Bay. Its 187 suites are equipped with conveniences like microwave ovens, coffee makers, hair dryers, irons, and refrigerators. Three of the suites are Grand Vista Suites, with Jacuzzis and wraparound decks or patios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Sandcastle Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle Hotel Sandusky
- Sandcastle Resort Sandusky
- Sandcastle Suites Sandusky, Ohio