The upside to the hotel is the close proximity to the parks. We could walk to Soak City and Cedar Point. The view was beautiful. But, we arrived on Thursday afternoon and were plagued with more than 6 fire alarms over the course of our stay...and at random times. Not the 5am wake up call I wanted for my "vacation"! I have little kids and they of course were very frightened by these, so much so, they wanted to go home. I also felt that the staff did not adequately handle nor communicate to the guests any information to ease our feelings in regards to the re-occurances of these. Very disappointing for the price we paid to stay at this location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close enough to the fun, yet secluded and relaxing, Sandcastle Suites has something for every member of your family. This all-suite hotel offers rooms with the features families want: flat-panel TVs, refreshed rooms, and screened in balconies. Situated at the tip of the Cedar Point Peninsula, Sandcastle Suites brings you dramatic views of Lake Erie and Sandusky Bay. Its 187 suites are equipped with conveniences like microwave ovens, coffee makers, hair dryers, irons, and refrigerators. Three of the suites are Grand Vista Suites, with Jacuzzis and wraparound decks or patios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cedar Point's Sandcastle Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle Hotel Sandusky
- Sandcastle Resort Sandusky
- Cedar Point's Sandcastle Suites Sandusky, Ohio