“The grout in the bathroom had mold in it and needed to be...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Sandusky North

Super 8 Sandusky North
Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Its in a great location for cedar point but that's the only 5 rating you'll get from me! I was very dissappointed me and my family rentede to rooms for 450 for two nights and completely got ripped off! First off walked up the stairs and they were loaded with spiders EVEryWHERE! Walked into the room and a musty mildew smell hit us. The door wouldn't lock, very outdated, pool was disgusting and green, breakfast was ok the first day but the staff refused to fill it up the next day so no breakfast! No microwave no iron no fridge. NO WIFI so that was a false advertisement it was down the whole trip mold on the shower curtains drain wouldn't go down and you have to pay for the stupidest things deffinetly won't be going there again! And to top it all off I personally woke up with bites that look very similar to bed bug bites I didn't investigate and I wish I would have! PLEASE don't stay here you will be extremly pissed off and dissapointed spend more money get a better hotel !!!!i have no idea how they have a 3 star rating if I could give a 0 rating I would!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Blynn122
Peru
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

When we first opened the door we were smacked in the face with the smell of mold and dampness. The room stunk badly. We thought well this is for just one night so we will make due. In the bathroom there were chips, gum wrappers, and a bobby pin on the floor. Later, when my daughter went into the bathroom, a big hairy centipede ran across the floor and disappeared under the bottom of the doorway where it was ate out from being wet all of the time. There was a tube tv and when we turned it on it was so fuzzy that we could barely make out anything on any channel. We were also supposed to have queen beds and got full size. We just went to bed because we didnt get in until real late and were too tired to care. In the morning my wife went to the front desk and complained about the state of the bathroom and the smell and was told that it couldn't have been dirty because the cleanliness of the rooms is checked by three different people. But they gave her the cards to another room so we could take a shower although we decided we didn't even want to venture into another stinky and dirty room. We went to eat breakfast at the free breakfast bar and they had one waffle maker and some cereal which was ok except it was crowded. They also had cinnamon rolls in packages and things like that except they just came out of the fridge/freezer and they had no microwave to warm anything up with. I am not one to give any reviews. Because everyone has a bad day, but I couldn't resist on this hotel because it was not worth 20 dollars a night. Don't stay here, spend more money for a place where you are t up all night because you are worried about bugs coming out of the stinky and rotten door frames while you are sleeping!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Rachelle C

Travelers are raving about these Sandusky hotels