“The best indoor waterpark around!!”

Kalahari Waterparks
Ranked #2 of 37 things to do in Sandusky
Cleveland, Ohio
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“The best indoor waterpark around!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Kalahari several times and love it more each time. My husband and I love to come here in off season (when kids are in school). We have the whole place to ourselves, and you can almost always get a great package deal for a romantics getaway!

We had no wait times for anything, and no crowds in sight!

The indoor/outdoor giant hot tub with swim up bar is where we spent a good amount of time just relaxing and talking with a yummy drink.

The spa here was fantastic. As a part of our package, we had gotten a voucher for $50 towards the spa, so I got a massage. It was amazing, and the staff there was great!

There are plenty of dining options here as well, whether you want quick and fast, or sit down dinner.

The rooms are great. Clean and modern, and ours had a cozy fireplace in it!

If you're looking for a getaway, don't miss Kalahari!!!

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Waterparks, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and repeatedly visiting us! Our pleasure to have you! You summed it all up and I can't thank you enough for your kind words. I just wanted to be sure that I sent you a note, letting you know how much we appreciate you. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you!

Saint Albans, West Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best Waterpark Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We've been to many different waterparks across the east coast & midwest & Kalahari is by far the best. That includes the ones in Orlando,Fl. The lazy river is unbelievable. The slides are special also. the whole experience including the rooms were amazing. We'll go back every chance we get.

Visited September 2012
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nice night away with kiddos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We spent Sunday night at Kalahari this past week and had a wonderful time! I have a 9 and 7 year old who enjoyed every min. We stayed in a two bedroom Presidential sweet that had a hot tub on the patio and a fireplace to warm up by in the living room. We arrived early Sunday morning(10am) and rented a cabana by the wave pool.(excellent location) We would enjoy a water attraction and then order drinks/food from our server and rest in the comforts of a private cabana. I would not recommend going without renting a cabana! Staff was friendly and it was not too congested. Great place for a short getaway in the winter months!

Visited March 2013
Ohio, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best indoor waterpark we've visited so far”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family and I have visited two other indoor waterparks before visiting Kalahari. Needless to say, we won't be going back to the other ones.
We stayed in a "lodge" room. Best choice ever. It has a full kitchen. A separate bedroom along with a sleeper sofa. The best part of the room though was the whirlpool tub. It was very nice after a day in the water to come back to the room and take a relaxing bath. I know that might sound crazy, but it was!
My kids are 7, 4 and 2. There was really only one place for the kids to play besides the wave pool. This is not a place that is really geared for little ones. We stayed 3 nights, but probably should've only stayed 2 because the kids were bored with not having enough for them to do.
The arcade is great, the kids loved that. They even have a little bowling alley and blacklight mini golf. The arcade and bowling and mini golf are quite pricey though.
Speaking of pricy, the food prices are pretty high. I was expecting it though. The quality of the food was actually pretty good though. The pizza was really good and the dinner buffet at the great karoo was good too.
All of the staff was extremely helpful and kind with the exception of one waitress. Maybe she was having a bad day...

The only reason I only gave this a 4 was because it turned out to be quite an expensive trip. Much more expensive than I anticipated. The sofa part and sleeper sofa part of the sofa were badly worn and in need of major updating. Because the hotel part was so large compared to the actual waterpark, we had a 15 min walk from our room to get to the waterpark. I also feel that the park was too crowded. Comparing the amount of rooms for the hotel to the amount of space available in the waterpark it was just not equal. Maybe in the summertime it is not as crowded because there is an outdoor park as well, but as I said I have young children and there wasn't a whole lot of places for them to enjoy the water.

Visited February 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay! We very much appreciate you taking the time to review us! A couple of your concerns, from the children not having enough to do, to the food outlets, I wanted to let you know that I will be sure to reach out to our Food and Beverage team as well as our development team, that plans all of our future projects. It is reviews like yours, that help us to constantly be better. Thank you for giving us this opportunity. Looking forward to seeing the family again! Take care!
Canada, Kentucky
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ok but upgrades need to be made”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Went for Canadian march break and hotel was 70% full the nights we stayed. Waterpark busy but the tracks that send the tubes to the top of the slides were constantly breaking down making waits almost 45-60mins long. You would think they would handle the crowds better. We are going to try other resorts, unless upgrades take place this resort will continue to go downhill

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Waterparks, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our waterpark! I am sorry to hear about your experience and the hassle of the machinery that passes along the tubes breaking. I will be sure to connect with our upper management team about your thoughts and concerns. We do make renovations and updates every year, so hopefully when you return, you will be pleasantly surprised. Thank you again for the feedback. Take care!