“Was ok”

Kalahari Waterparks
Ranked #2 of 37 things to do in Sandusky
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Was ok .but I don't feel safe for family with kids is too big I don't see a lot of lifeguard for be sou big park .from the room to the park is a long walk .the park is to big and too many people that the kids can get lose.and the room was no all that for the spencer price ...was spence.from the parking lot you have to walk a lot .

Write a ReviewReviews (1,149)

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here with my 8 year old daughter over the Christmas holiday and for the most part had a great time. This place is immense it reminds you of the hotels in Las Vegas so consequently it can be quite a walk from your room to the attractions. I would have gladly given this place 5 stars if it werent due to the fact that our room was never cleaned and at the breakfast buffet we never saw our waiter until we were nearly finished. That being said I was thankful for the staff who gave up their holiday in order to tend to us during our stay.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

My family of 5 has been to Kalahari several times. It is only an hour from our home and the kids like it for special occasion get-aways. The water park is fun and has something for people of all ages. Lots of slides and water activities. The kids really enjoy the wave pool nad I enjoy the hot tub. The park is clean and there are plenty of employees around to help or answer questions. All of the lifeguards I encountered were pleasant and most had a smile for the kids.

Overall the employees and staff were very friendly and helpful. They were all pleasant and willing to help. They were the best feature of the resort.

We purchased a package that included the park passes and hotel room for the night. The hotel room was not quite up to the level we were used to. The room had a high ceiling that caused an echo when we spoke. There was a musty smell which I guess is normal for a hotel connected to a water park...but still not enjoyable. The TV remote only worked if you stood in front of the TV. It did not work from the bed. There were almost no decorations. Two small African themed heads on the wall above the beds that I didn't even notice until we were checking out.

The shower is dated. A tub with a shower curtain that blew in on you while showering. The shower head was loose in the wall and the spray was clogged. The toilet did not flush correctly. We had to hold the handle and flush multiple times.

There is a lot of noise. It is a family resort so lots of kids running and yelling and slamming doors. Just part of the experience.

In fairness to the hotel I did not raise our issues. We were informed at check-in that they were all booked up. We were only staying for the one night and I just wanted to get through it. Even the kids noticed that the room was less than we had experienced before. It would appear they are in need of some rehab due to extreme use but have not decided to make the investment.

I can also say that while we will visit the park again, I will not be staying at the hotel. It is usually cheaper to go to the park with the hotel room but it is just not worth it. We would rather drive the hour each way every day than stay again.

I know many people come from greater distances. There are several hotels by the highway that would be priced much better and I would definitely look into one of them.

We also ate at the property's restaurants. the food and service were all above average with resort pricing as expected. You will pay $10 for a burger and fries but that is the way most resorts are and we expected that.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is truly a family attraction. There is something for everyone. There are water slides, an AMAZING arcade, a pool, a hot tub, a water roller coaster, and little shops. Kids will enjoy it as well as their parents. It is a very safe facility and you can feel comfortable leaving your kids to do as they please. There is outdoor stuff, as well as indoor stuff. You really need multiple days to do even half of everything there. It is surrounded by really good restaurants, so you don't have to stay on the grounds, all though you very easily could. I would go again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

places to eat on site, lots of stuff to do at the waterpark...always feel safe with lifeguards on duty.