“Nice and quiet BB with cool rooms”

The Simpson-Flint House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandusky
The Simpson-Flint House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 8 Sandusky B&B and Inns
Ohio
“Nice and quiet BB with cool rooms”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This place is a gem. A couple of huge rooms you can get with massive baths, very quiet and non-chalant location that is close to everything from the marinas, restaurants, and piers. People are very nice and seems to have availabilty pretty consistantly

Room Tip: Can be hard to find on the corner of 2 streets and only marking is on the front entrance
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank PD L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I cannot say enough about how wonderful the Simpson-Flint house is, and what amazing hosts Jon and Cindy are. Staying here completely made our trip and it will not be forgotten. My husband and I traveled to Sandusky for the Cedar Point triathlon and I couldn't be happier that we stayed at this B&B instead of one of the other hotels in the area. Jon & Cindy were so wonderful to spend time with and were MORE than accommodating for everything we needed, even our very early "race-morning" breakfast time. Cindy is an amazing cook and the dining room was gorgeous. Our bedroom was so comfortable, and I looked forward to walking in the house and our room every time we arrived back at the property. The location was perfect. Only a block or so from restaurants and sports bars. Zinc and Crush are just around the corner and are excellent quality. It was only a 4 mile drive over to Cedar Point for the race activities. We've stayed in several B&B's and this was by far the best experience we've ever had.
We are so happy to have met such great people, and hope to visit again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
La Grange, Kentucky
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We had a wonderful experience with our Labor Day Weekend stay at the Simpson-Flint House. Jon and Cindy are fun and interesting hosts. The Victorian home is beautiful and filled with antiques. We stayed in the Green Room and were very comfortable. Everything was immaculate, the breakfasts were superb - Cindy is an incredible cook! When we travel, we always try to stay in B&B's - and this one is as good as it gets!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2012

The Simpson-Flint house is conveniently located near the ferry and amusement park in Sandusky, making it a hot commodity in the area (especially if you're interested in avoiding chain hotels, like we do!). Breakfast was good, our room was moderately clean, and the hosts were friendly. Rooms could use a bit of updating, and the bed could be more comfortable. We're likely going to recommend this B&B to our friends headed to Sandusky for summer fun!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed January 27, 2012

So far in my travels, this is the only B & B at which I have stayed more than once. I've now stayed here four times, most recently in the spring of 2011. I've gone with my teenage son who loves Sandusky's main attraction, Cedar Point. On two of the trips we have had other family or friends join us. Here are the things I enjoy most about it: the owners Jon and Cindy are welcoming, friendly, helpful, engaging and interesting; they put on a sumptuous breakfast; the rooms are cozy without being small, and tastefully appointed; the beds are very comfortable; the location very near the quiet but well restored downtown is convenient and peaceful; it is only a few minutes by car from Cedar Point; the house is beautiful and lovingly maintained and decorated. Jon is very Republican and I'm a social democrat from Canada, but we get along famously. We've stayed in one of Cedar Point's Hotels, the Breakers Express, where you get typical hotel air, white noise, a low quality serve-yourself breakfast, and no one to talk to. For me, there is just no comparison.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael N
Novato, California
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I was traveling solo for business (I do business with Cedar Point) and decided to stay with John and Cindy as opposed to the overpriced 1 and 2 star hotels in the area. I had previously stayed at the local Best Western and I was thoroughly underwhelmed. Well, I have to say, I made the right decision. The room was fantastic, the high-speed Internet worked perfectly, the breakfast was incredible, and I was even able to walk to dinner to meet my client at Zinc Brasserie. This is the experience you want to have in Sandusky!

John and Cindy are fantastic people and I will certainly be back every year and eventually with my whole family when my kids are old enough to enjoy Cedar Point.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank JDC_08
Bellevue
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We very much enjoyed our stay. John and Cindy were great hosts and the food was fantastic. The location is great, as it is close to the downtown area. If you stay here, I highly recommend eating at the Zinc for dinner - some of the best food we have ever had!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple