“Good meal”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We ended up here after a full day at Cedar Point. Dave's Sassy BBQ salad was delicious (had the brisket on top). Hubby had the Manhandler sandwich (brisket also) and he liked it. They have a kids menu too. Can't comment on the beer or wine as we didn't order any. Very much enjoyed our meal!

There are newer reviews for Famous Dave's

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I am from Texas and grew up in Tennessee. My standards for BBQ are pretty high. Was not expecting much in Ohio. Was a pleasant surprise.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We did not dine in the restaurant as we ordered take out since we were leaving Cedar Point near closing time. After reading other reviews we opt for take out since we didn't want to pay another $15.00 at the Cedar Point gate to park our car for dinner. The location was a bit confusing to get to. We ordered an all american feast to feed our family of 5. We were fairly disappointed that instead of corn muffins, all we got was a single piece of burnt toast. The ribs were excellent, as was the coleslaw. The brisket had a good smoke ring; however it was fairly chewy. The baked beans were overly spicy for my taste. When we called to order the take out, someone hung up on us, then we called back again and they said we had to call back in 10 minutes so the bar tender could take our order. Overall, wish their staff was a bit kinder when taking take out orders.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

1st things 1st.
Always have enjoyed Famous Dave's food and service many times over as a sit down restaurant patron as well as a catering customer. I really do enjoy their food. So much so I hope visitors here don't assume they are open all year around like most eateries as well as the companies upper management takes my comments below as customer perspective valuable insight for more opportunity in this location.
Their ratings I marked low across the board because you cannot eat at a restaurant that is closed for several months out of the year.
I never have been in any other state including the seasonal town of Wisconsin Dells WI, where Famous Dave's has 2 locations and both of which are open year round and are not closed for the "down season".
The only positive takeaway I have is that since Famous Dave's was located in Cedar Point Park area proper which is closed to any & all traffic except security, maintenance or management of Cedar Point and believe you me I drove up to the guard shack at Cedar Point trying to get some great barbecue and was turned away. I just can't understand no common sense with this business decision.
The main positive takeaway is it gave our family a chance to have dinner at other fine and equally positioned family owned restaurants in the area which where just as good in service and value, frankly that we may never had a chance to have experienced if Famous Dave's was open.
I would wager to say to whomever does the metrics and business forecasting for Famous Dave's you probably lost sizable market share, advertising and profit opportunities by not locating your fine establishment in the greater Sandusky area in a more visitor as well as local resident friendly
Better luck next time.

2  Thank Pat S
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We visit this Famous Dave's every time we visit Cedar Point. The food is always great. The restaurant sits right on Lake Erie by the marina. Great views of the lake. We like that you can walk right out of the gate at Cedar Point and it is right there.

1  Thank Rachel M