“Good meal - Good prices”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #7 of 188 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I visited famous Dave's while visiting Cedar point amusement park with my family. First it is great to be able to walk just outside the park to have a sit-down meal overlooking a marina. They are mostly barbecue, but they have a variety that covers the "picky kids" like mine. The prices were fair, especially being so close to the park. When I visit the park again I will visit Dave's.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We enjoyed the food while staying on Cedar Point property on vacation. We had a variety of foods and even had to get carry out boxes. The food was plentiful and the bbq was delicious. The location is very nice right on the marina.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had read good reviews about the food at Famous Dave's and decided to try it on an overnight getaway to Cedar Point. We were very disappointed with our experience. We chose a seat outside on the deck overlooking the marina. The service was extremely slow, but that wasn't the worst of it. Our food took over 45 minutes and when it arrived, my husbands sandwich and fries were cold and my salad, which was supposed to have pulled pork on it, was also cold. What made matters worse is that our waitress took both plates back to the kitchen, all to return 5 minutes later to bring my salad back to me saying that it was 'correct.' I told her to take it back and I wanted warm meat as the menu stated. When she returned with both of our meals, she notified us that the original sandwich was wrong and that it was now corrected. Needless to say, we waited over an hour for food that wasn't award winning by any means. We each had a beer and our bill was over $60 -- so not worth it. We will not come back to this restaurant next year.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

What a plus to have a Dave's on property! We love their food. Prices were higher than the usual chain, but the food was great.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am not normally a huge rib/bbq fan though I do enjoy it. I was introduced to this place on my last trip to Cedar Point in August. The atmosphere is great and the decor is similar to The Cracker Barrel. The feast for 2 is actually big enough for 4, easily! ribs, beef,fries, beans,cole slaw,corn on the cob served in a metal tub with all the bbq sauce you can ask for! So delicious!! My margarita was HUGE and just like I like it, a good helping of Tequila :) I will easily go back here and bring friends! It's located just outside of Cedar Point on (or in) the marina. The view is great too. You are almost directly behind The Force and you can watch it go up the hill.