“Worst amusement park in America”

Cedar Point Amusement Park
Ranked #1 of 37 things to do in Sandusky
More attraction details
Owner description: More than just an amusement park, Cedar Point features hotels, restaurants, beautiful grounds along with an impressive variety of thrill-rides.
Reviewed October 27, 2010

This place has a major line management problem that should not exist if it wants to consider itself a major attraction. I planned to enjoy the rides, not stand in line, and that is all you do, which should not happen in this day and age. If you have ever been to a Six Flags or Disney property it will practically be impossible to tolerate the inefficiencies of this place.

8  Thank wileyc0y0te
Write a ReviewReviews (7,094)

Reviewed October 25, 2010

I went to Cedar Point back in 2006 and I had a blast. I just had a baby in February so I talked my husband into saving up to have a vacation for out anniversary. We talked to a few officers at the park about how nobody was following the no smoking signs and they said there was nothing they could do! wow! Two hours later I started having an asthma attack because I am allergic to cigarette smoke. My husband told the lady at guest services named Sharee and she didn't believe I needed Emergency Services!!! Thirty minutes later she called them and it took them 15-20 minutes to get to us because the park was so overcrowded that they couldn't get through!!! By the time they got to me I was laying on a bench, barely able to breathe and I couldn't feel my arms!!!

When we tried to talk to a couple different managers about enforcing their rules they said there was nothing they could do! When we asked for a refund due to the fact I couldn't do anything...the manager said that he was there and there was plenty of places without smoke!!Seriously...these people care nothing about you only your wallets!!!

7  Thank LanaBurdett
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I have waited for years to get a chance to go to Cedar Point. They do not post well on their web site that they are closed for special events. We traveled as a group from Texas and Maryland and were told when we got there that Honda was taking over the park and the next day was closed for a private event of marathon runners. We spent a lot of money on flight, car rental and hotel to be turned away. Do not go by the web site. Call them and make sure you speak to someone if you are traveling outside the city limits. They really didn't care that we were all out a lot of money. After calling and making a stink, they have posted some things differently. big woop to my wallet.

4  Thank Cyn1957
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Our family just recently moved to NE OH and decided to visit Cedar Point. Our first impression of Cedar Point is that almost every thing in the park is run down.....almost every ride and queue house needs to be painted & repaired, the landscape in the park is bad, peeling paint with cobwebs and bugs in all buildings (also in the food areas), and the restrooms were dirty everywhere in the park. Cedar Point appears to be run on a bare bones budget.......several rides are operated by a single ride operator who took forever to get riders on a ride and off. Several of the food/beverage/ice cream stands had a single person working and again the lines would just form. Cedar reminds me of what a couple of the Six Flags parks I visited before they were closed down when Six Flags filed for bankruptcy. Cedar point is a rollar coaster park, but in reality, only about 4 of the coaster rides would be on a higher scale then an another amusement park, but is it worth waiting 3 hours to ride ? That takes us to the other big problem with Cedar Point, and that is the lines. Cedar Point hypes itself and doesn't seem to have a capacity limit. There are no shows at Cedar Point, or a method like a "fast pass" that other parks have so people just have to stand in line if they want to ride something. It's no fun to pay $40 - $50+ for a ticket and end of standing in line all day to ride a handful of rides.....and the park is small enough that trying to come multiple days would be boring. Sorry Cedar Point, you and the town of Sandusky are too rundown for me to want to vist again.

3  Thank TZN6VQ
Reviewed October 23, 2010

It is a crazy cool place to go to if you love roller coaster!!!

I have been there already twice and still don't think I tryed all the cool roller coaster they have!!

They ave attractions for all age so that everyone can have a great time

I really raccomen it
and the coolest time to go is during haloween

2  Thank littleangel87