Open today: 11:00 AM - 12:00 AM

Recommended experiences in and around Sandusky
from $59.99
More Info
from $49.95
More Info
8,704 results
All reviews roller coaster fast pass amusement park millennium force fast lane mean streak gate keeper wait times iron dragon wicked twister six flags big rides longest wait thrill seekers love coasters blue steak great park
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The roller coaster captial of the united states. Man what a trill it was to ride these rides. Maverick was one of the top rides, but all are good

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our family of four (2 adults and 2 teens) visited here for 2 days in August 2019. Our teens LOVED the park, especially the roller coasters. We had travelled from NH just to visit this park as our teens are roller coaster enthusiasts. They really did enjoy themselves and thought Steel Vengeance was the best coaster in the park. We got them fast passes for each day and they were able to ride all the coasters multiple times. My husband and I, who did not ride any coasters, also enjoyed the park, especially the train ride and various shows. It is a beautiful park to walk around.

My one recommendation for anyone visiting this park is to STAY AWAY from the Glass Blowing place on the Frontier Trail. The woman who runs the place (the wife of the Glass Blowing Academy) is extremely deceitful. That comment is based on our experience and the experience of another guest we chatted with while we were there. Before our trip I noticed that Cedar Point's website advertised a glass blowing experience under "Unique Experiences" in the park. As I love blown glass, I thought this would be a great experience however for some reason I held back from booking it in advance (I should have trusted my intuition). On our first day in the park, my husband and I visited the glass blowing shop on the Frontier Trail shortly after it opened. I asked the woman who worked there (wife of the Glass Blowing Academy) about the glass blowing experience. She explained that the glass blower would take about 10-12 minutes showing me what to do while he blew a piece himself (a flower in this case as that was the item I wanted to make). She said he would then guide me in making the flower which would take about 15-20 minutes. She showed me samples of the flowers and made it sound like it would be a positive experience. I still hesitated (really should have trusted my instinct) but eventually let her and my husband talk me into signing up for it. The woman also told us that during the 6pm glass blowing showing they raffled off the glass item that was blown during the show. I wanted to make sure I understood what she said and specifically asked her if it was the piece they made during the show that was raffled and she said yes. My husband was standing right next to me and heard her say that. We soon discovered that everything she told us was a lie and she would later deny that she said this.

So I signed up for and paid $50 to blow a glass flower. Ian, the glass blower that day, spent 3 - 4 minutes demonstrating how to blow the flower all the while mumbling, which made it very difficult to understand his instructions while we were sitting in the stand. Even my husband said he couldn't understand what he was saying. We thought it might be his microphone so didn't say anything. Ian then had me come up on stage. Ian put the glass on the stick and put in in the furnace. He then had me sit on the bench while he "helped" me shape the flower.....which pretty much meant he did most of the work while I tried to help. All the while he mumbled, which once again made it difficult to understand his instructions. And with the two of us shaping the flower it was confusing and the flower came out terrible. The whole experience lasted less than 5 minutes. I said to Ian it looked terrible. He said/did nothing. I told the woman it came out terrible. She assured me it would look okay once it cooled. When I said, probably not as it came out terrible, she said "well it is a good thing you are not a glass blower". Seriously? Definitely not the experience she had described and Ian was a terrible teacher.

Later that day we came back for the 6pm show. I thought maybe if I won the piece created that day I would feel better about the $50 I wasted earlier that day. There was a pedestal on the stage for the raffle entries. The sign on the pedestal said you could win "your choice of a glass piece or a glass bubble blowing experience". That is what the sign said. Which any normal person would take to mean that if you won the raffle you could choose a glass piece OR you could opt to have the experience. The sign did NOT indicate that the glass piece you won was some cheap looking glass cylinder that they chose which was sitting on top of the pedestal. We did not win the raffle, a little girl did and when they gave her the glass piece the girl's mother was confused as she and thought the girl could choose a glass piece. The mother went into the store to complain to the woman (the Glass Academy owner's wife) but she explained the winner won the piece on the pedestal, not their choice of a glass item. Clearly their sign was deceptive. And even though the mother and little girl were upset the owner's wife did not budge on her stance. She was definitely deceptive. We ended up walking with and talking to the mother for a bit after we left the shop. She was still upset about what happened and was not at all happy with the way the shopkeeper treated her and her daughter. So the shop had given at least two families unhappy experiences that day.

After the raffle I noticed a Cedar Point representative, giving some people a tour, who was sitting in the stands at the glass blowing place. I spoke with him about our terrible experience (just wanted to forewarn him before I gave this review in case the Park wanted to made amends) and the woman's deception. He explained to me that there was nothing the Park could do as they subcontracted the glass blowing to the Glass Blowing Academy. He recommended I contact the Glass Blowing Academy to let them know. When I went back in the shop (where the mother was arguing with the shopkeeper) and took a pamphlet, I chimed in with the mother to let the shopkeeper know how deceptive she had been and that I was going to let the Glass Academy know. She told me to go ahead, let them know.....her husband was at the owner. UGH!!! Needless to say I did not contact them as it seemed pointless. I do think, however, that Cedar Point should reconsider having this subcontractor in their park as the experience is terrible and the owner's wife is very deceitful. And I would recommend that you avoid this shop while in the park.

Oh.....when I did receive the glass flower I blew (you don't receive it until the next day as it takes time to cool) as expected, it was terrible. Looking nothing like the lovely blow glass flower in the shop. I ended up leaving it in our hotel room at The Breakers as it looked so bad. I wouldn't pay $5 for the flower or the experience, never mind $50.

Besides that terrible experience, I found the park to be very nice. Although, I do think they should train their employees a bit more as none of them seemed to know anything about the park. If you asked an employee where something was they couldn't tell you......even if you were 20 feet from that attraction. I also understand that the living conditions they provide for their employees is terrible. Perhaps if they provided better living conditions for their employees, and paid them for overtime, they might be more enthusiastic about the park and their jobs.

Okay, so it has been a few days since we visited the park and I have put the glass blowing fiasco behind me. I did like the park overall and would not let this one experience ruin the other wonderful memories we made while in the park. I did want to provide this review so that other visitors to the park would know to avoid the glass blowing shop.

2  Thank Linda_A_I
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It had been several years since I last visited this park and still very much the same; GREAT!!! Very clean park with many rides for both the thrill seeker and younger children. The lines/wait times were as expected (waited at the most an hour for the major coasters). If your time is limited and you want to take advantage of most of the coasters I do suggest looking into the Fast Pass that is offered. I did not take advantage of this as we were here for two days and we did get to ride everything we wanted to at least once and some twice.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely the best! If you want coasters they have em. Ride operators and attendants take their job seriously and are very professional. Well worth the price of admission! They have things to do for people of all ages. Truly America’s Riller Coast!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I'm used to Six Flags Great America. The park is huge and clustered with rides. But this place is half the size, half the price, has MORE roller coasters, and beautifully located. Riding the rides and getting a view of Lake Erie is amazing. All I kept thinking was: "I wish we stayed an extra day and on the property! " There is so much to do! The beach, the water park, rent a boat, etc. Can't wait to come back