“Awesome Place!!!”

Cedar Point Amusement Park
Ranked #1 of 37 things to do in Sandusky
More attraction details
Owner description: More than just an amusement park, Cedar Point features hotels, restaurants, beautiful grounds along with an impressive variety of thrill-rides.
Reviewed March 25, 2009

This was the most amazing amusement park ever! We rode 16 rollercoasters the day we went. I would recomend going in September. There really were no lines and the weather was perfect. I love the rollercoasters, but the farris wheel was neat because you could see the whole park and look out into the bay and on the beach. We ate lunch right outside the park and a BBQ place. It was really good and right on the water so it had a great view. Top Thrill was the best ride ever. If you love roller coasters this is the place to go.

1  Thank tle05
There are newer reviews for Cedar Point Amusement Park

Reviewed March 10, 2009

This is my favorite amusement park. What I do when I first get there is go straight to the Millennium Force or Top Thrill Dragster roller coasters (those two are my favorites).

I try to ride Millennium at least twice every time I visit. Some other coasters I enjoy a lot are:

The Raptor (This is the first roller coaster you see, so it's always very busy when the park first opens. I would wait until later in the day to get in line.)

The Mantis (This is a stand up roller coaster near Millennium.)

Magnum (This one is very fun but also a bit bumpy.)

If you have the opportunity, try out the water park as well. It's pretty neat too. The only bad thing about this amusement park is the high price on food and beverages (like anywhere else). You are, however, allowed to go out of the park with a stamp on your hand, so packing a cooler full of foods and beverages is a very good idea. No foods/beverages are allowed back in the park.

1  Thank Samanthemum
Reviewed February 23, 2009

A great place to spend the weekend with older kids: that is, those who are old enough to ride scary roller coasters!

1  Thank SGJ1013
Reviewed January 14, 2009

This past summer we went to Cedar Point for the second time. Once again, it was amazing. The 17 roller coasters and countless other thrill rides will knock your socks off! The park does a great job with the layout. Top attractions are spread throughout the park and even on the weekends, the lines are bearable. And, if the lines were long, a DJ was usually around to entertain. If you don't mind driving, as airports are not close by I would highly recommend Cedar Point.

1  Thank K_Claude
Reviewed December 20, 2008

Every summer growing up in Ohio, I would go to Cedar Point at least once. Even when I was scared of the roller coasters as a child, there were still plenty of things to do. Thunder Canyon, the swings, the train, the shows...I love them all.

Nowadays, as a fan of roller coasters, going there is a must! There are coasters of all intensity levels, wooden and steel. I warm-up on the Disaster Transport first thing in the morning before the line gets long, then work my way back.

Musts to ride:
Raptor (my favorite, with no lines during the evening light show!)
Millennium Force
Power Tower
Magnum
Gemini
Thunder Canyon and Snake River Falls (great water rides, without having to pay extra to get into Soak City)

Yes, food there is expensive, but that's true at all amusement parks. Yes, lines can be long, but if you plan your day around the crowds (just like Disneyland or any other park), you'll be fine. Avoid holidays and try to go on weekdays. A little research goes a long way.

Even after moving to the other side of the country, I still go back to Ohio once a summer to go to Cedar Point. The number one thing I miss about Ohio is being close to so many great, thrilling roller coasters. Nothing I've been to out west compares.

3  Thank euph_girl