“Nicest experience I've had at ANY amusement park”

Cedar Point Amusement Park
Ranked #1 of 37 things to do in Sandusky
More attraction details
Owner description: More than just an amusement park, Cedar Point features hotels, restaurants, beautiful grounds along with an impressive variety of thrill-rides.
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The claims they make about being America's Roller Coaster park are so true. This place has more rides than I could've imagined and the park is huge! Our kids were non-stop and having the time of their lives. On Friday we went on 3 or 4 rides and then went to Soak City. On Saturday we had the Fast Lane bands (I highly recommend these, worth every penny!) and we were able to get on 9 roller coasters and the kids rode another dozen smaller rides. Granted we were there from 11am to 9pm that day.

And let me state that I've been to Disney, Six Flags, and Universal more times than I can count and the 2 days we spent in the park were truly the BEST I've ever had. Why you might ask? Cost of admission is super affordable. (Which allowed us to buy Fast Lane for a day) Everyone that worked at this park was very nice and accommodating. The food is not outrageously priced (compared to other parks). We were able to play carnival games with the kids and actually have them win something! We spent $12 for a medium sized prized for our daughter and she is still glowing about it! This would have been easily doubled in any other park I've been to. Plus with it being Fourth of July we saw amazing fireworks, jet fighter planes, and tandem skydivers!

We are looking forward to coming back next summer. We don't even feel like we've scratched the surface of what you can do at Cedar Point.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,113)
All reviews
in 110 reviews
"big coasters"
in 97 reviews

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Nothing that happened did anything to damper our stay & staying in one of the cottages was great! It is very expensive , especially the food. We bought Very expensive Fast Lane passes that I feel were a waste of money. The only three rides that had long lines were Top Thrill Dragster, Millenium, and Maverick. We hit them early and waited 30-45 min. No other issues with long lines. There was always one coaster closed at least for part of the day which was ridiculous especially on weekends & the weather was perfect! I understand you have to hire young kids , but they could still be properly trained . They couldn't answer a single simple question , a few at the food stands were down right rude and couldn't of possibly moved any slower , and a couple barely spoke English. All in all Cedar Point was a blast . Just giving a few tips to make it even better.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Cedar Point has been my favorite amusement park since I can remember. If you like thrill rides and roller coasters, its a MUST GO!

1  Thank Armand8747
Reviewed July 7, 2014

There is nothing that we really didn't like about Cedar Point. It's the worlds best amusement park. It right on Lake Erie so you always have a great view.

1  Thank Linda S
See more reviews
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This amusement park ride wise is awesome. If you're a roller coaster enthusiast, this is the place for you. We had a great time! We went just prior to the 4th of July and the lines weren't bad at all....wait times 30 minutes or less on the big coasters.

We also loved that we could go on the beach and enjoy Lake Erie.

One issue is that a lot of the rides would shut down and start back up. I understand that the winds off the Lake may cause this so you have to be patient.

The park employees weren't that friendly and sometimes seemed overwhelmed. When asking directions, they seemed to not know or didn't want to be bothered.

One suggestion, please put more signs and arrows around the park to point our where different rides are. It can get confusing.

Even with these little annoyances, Cedar Park is a great place to visit!

1  Thank asualumni87