“A rush of adrenaline you can't miss”

Cedar Point Amusement Park
Ranked #2 of 38 things to do in Sandusky
More attraction details
Owner description: More than just an amusement park, Cedar Point features hotels, restaurants, beautiful grounds along with an impressive variety of thrill-rides.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This amusement park has one of the best roller coasters ever, the Top Thrill Dragster it last only a few seconds but it's so worth it, it goes form Zero to 120 MPH in less than 4 seconds.

It will literally blow your mind, the only down size of this attraction is that it's so popular that more than likely you will wait for over an hour in line for a ride that lasts 17 seconds. This particular ride is subject to delays due to weather and wind speed due to its structure so be patient it's really worth the waiting.

2  Thank Abel M
Write a ReviewReviews (7,121)
All reviews
in 83 reviews
"blue steak"
in 159 reviews

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went to Cedar Point 2 years ago as a school field trip and it was astonishing. I am from Buffalo,NY and I am used to the classic Darien Lake amusement park. I enjoyed the ride and scenery on the way to Ohio. The park is amazing and all the rides are exhilarating. I hadn't had a chance to explore the whole park in one visit, but I am excited to be going again this year. I would recommend it to anyone of any age. I am almost 18 years old and it made me feel like a little kid inside again! Overall great experience!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Growing up in NE Ohio, we'd make a day trip to Cedar Point about every year. It was and still is one of the premier roller coaster parks in the country (possibly the world). But there is plenty more besides just roller coasters to enjoy.

My recent trip was with my family. As our kids aren't quite old enough to experiece all of the coasters, we focused most of our attention away from the large coasters. I guess I never realized how much there was for families (with younger children) to do. My pre-family focus was all coasters, but there is ALOT to do with younger kids. For the kids, the area back by the Gemini coasters is great...lots of smaller rides and the Jr. Gemini was a hit. The Raptor is still great and even the classics are still good (Corkscrew, Gemini, Magnum XL2000, Iron Dragon, etc.). And a lot of great new coasters that I didn't try this time though.

The park is pretty clean and relatively easy to navigate. The entry and parking is expensive, but you can typically find admission discounts in some form or another. The food prices are still crazy...but they've always been. We brought lunch and took a break and ate in the van (which was fine). Don't even attempt Subway...a 6 inch sub combo was about $12!

We stayed overnight at a campground about 5 miles away which was perfect for us and not too expensive.

Overall, the visit was great and I enjoyed seeing alot fo the park that I had previously not focused on. The kids really enjoyed it and are looking forward to riding some of the "big coasters" as they get older.

4  Thank BuckeyeNEOhio
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My girlfriends family have been going there for 30+ years.There is 8 adults , 6 kids preteen and teenagers. Everybody has a great time. I prefer the cottages At lighthouse point. There is shuttle that runs every 15minutes or so to the park which is about a 5 mintue ride. The cottages will sleep 6 but it alittle cramped. They come and pick up trash and liens everyday. 5 Stars for LightHouse Point...There is a swiming pool, food stand and bathrooms right there.

If you have kids stay at the breakers its so easy for them to get into the park a 50 yard walk to the gate and your in. The Jet ski rentals are right there too. People do smoke at the Breakers but those rooms are very smelly and musty. Those room suck. I'm a smoker and suck it up put on a patch and stay in the non-smoking section of the hotel and go outside to smoke. No pets are alound at any of the hotels/ resorts/ cabins.

The rides are all awesome you will have a great time regardless of age and abilities.

We always eat at Johnny Rockets They do have the best burgers anywhere. Stay away from Fridays during a holiday , Like I said 14 people we couldn't be seated together and people who did sit at the same table got there food whenever the waitstaff brouhgt it out. 5-20 minutes difference in time. So a small family is probably ok but big groups stay away.

The only drawback is how long it can take to get on some of them but its like that at any Amusement Park. I give it a 4 out of 5 only because they don't have water fountains while you wait of some of the rides 2+ hrs to wait is along time when its 100 degrees outside.

The water park is very very crowded during the hot months of summer but its not that bad nothing like the wait for the ride at the park. You have to buy seperate tickets for the Amusement park and the water park. but you get a package deal if you stay on the property.

Plan on being there overnight unless you only plan on riding a few rides and take a lite lunch. It is worth the money to stay for a few days.