“The place to be for fun”

Cedar Point Amusement Park
Ranked #1 of 37 things to do in Sandusky
More attraction details
Owner description: More than just an amusement park, Cedar Point features hotels, restaurants, beautiful grounds along with an impressive variety of thrill-rides.
Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you love roller coasters, you must visit this park!! And 1 day will not be enough. I'm finally getting around to writing my review of a 3-day trip I took in June. It was my first time there in over 10 years, which means there were a few new coasters I had never tried. I went with 3 of my friend's kids -- a 15 year old girl and twin 11 year old boys. It was their first time at the park and they loved it. Some were a little apprehensive about the rides (to be honest, i was too with Top Thrill Dragster). Anyway, we went June 24th - 26th. Sunday was not busy at all. Monday was a little busier and Tuesday was even busier with long lines. I was thinking about staying at one of the hotels the park owns, but instead stayed at the Fairfield Inn, which was probably the farthest hotel away but still didn't seem like a bad trip to get there. I believe the cost savings was worth the few benefits of staying at a park hotel. Although sometime in the future I'd still like to try that out.

We rode every coaster at the park. Millennium Force is still my favorite. We also loved Magnum, Mantis, Maverick, and Top Thrill Dragster. Those are definitely the top rides in the park. Don't overlook the other coasters and rides though. Stay at least 2 days to try and get them all in.

The park was clean, the employees were friendly. Can't wait to go back.

There are newer reviews for Cedar Point Amusement Park

Reviewed October 28, 2012

First of all, the park is second to none. So many great roller coasters packed into an easy to navigate, well-thought out and designed area. The worst part of all of it? The guests! Most people are pretty polite and follow the rules, but the hoards of entitled teenagers with rude manners line jumping, smoking in the "no smoking" areas and just being lewd was horrible as always. Perhaps if CP would enforce the line jumping and smoking rules, people might actually be more compliant (or at least the bad seeds would get kicked out) and it would be a nicer experience for everyone.

3  Thank midwife1021
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The best roller coaster park on the planet! Such diversity among these technological marvels but also rides for children and those a little less adventurous. A must for our family ever summer...a coaster lovers paradise

Reviewed October 25, 2012

What a great trip. I hope to make it a family tradition. I would definately recommend the fast pass. We waited until Saturday afternoon before purchasing it and I'm afraid we'd have gone home early without it. The lines for Top Thrill were nearly 4 hours. With the Fast Pass we only waited 40 minutes. If you like roller coasters you can't beat this place:)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've been taking my nieces here every year in the summer and during Halloweekends since they were little (they're now 13 & 17) and we always have an amazing time. Yes, it's gotten more and more pricey throughout the years, mainly because they keep trying to outdo themselves and the competition every year, but we still love it. Every couple years we splurge and stay at one of the CP properties to get the discounted tickets and early access to the park, and also go to Soak City, but since it's so expensive, it's a special treat. If you can, go on a weekday during peak season and definitely check out Halloweekends! It's amazing to see how they transform the park and add all of the haunted attractions. AMAZINGLY FUN!!!!!!