“Threatened to call the police on me for complaining”

Cedar Point Amusement Park
Ranked #1 of 37 things to do in Sandusky
More attraction details
Owner description: More than just an amusement park, Cedar Point features hotels, restaurants, beautiful grounds along with an impressive variety of thrill-rides.
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Threatened to call the police on me for complaining”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

Yep, that is exactly what you get at cedar point when you ask for your simple right of more clarification!

Despite the great view and special location of the resort, this theme park has a serious management problem! Following an amazing and exciting experiences in Disney World, Universal Studios, and Sea World properties, I drove hundreds of miles and spent a lot of money (over $400/night) to take my wife and kids to what so called "the best theme park" in the U.S. Instead, I was shocked by how this park is operated by a bunch of "immature" and ignorant people.

I stayed at one of the resort hotels "Sandcastle Suites", which not to mention are outrageously expensive, and therefore got the discounted park tickets for $29/each.

We started the day in the soak city water rides, since they were the nearest rides to the hotel, after that we walked our way through the park to enjoy the rest of the other rides. But, they didn't allow us through the other park gate saying that we have already used our tickets in the soak city, claiming that they are (soak city and cedar point) different companies?! Of course that bogus information was not mentioned at all anywhere on their park guide map, website, hotels, park site, or even the ticket itself. Even if that they were totally different companies, they should clearly mention that to visitors and make it obvious in their guide maps instead of showing them all within one fence!

When I requested to speak to the management about this crap, another rude "kid" showed up who claimed to be the superintendent of the whole theme park (named Mike or Mark? not so sure). He was so rude in speaking to us and literally said that the next authority he will be calling is the police when I demanded to speak to a higher management level?! I was really surprised by what he said and told him that I am taking that as a threat.

So we walked back to the hotel and told them about what happened in the park and they didn't seem to care much where the only thing they offered was to upgrade the tickets for an additional $11/ ticket! I was so upset and disgusted by the treatment we received and left Sandusky IMMEDIATELY!

During our vacation in the U.S. for 25 days, we had never experienced such bad customer service and poor management.

I do not recommend anyone to waste their time and money in that places!

13 Thank Hashem78

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Thrilling!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

Enjoyed this park. However, it got very busy, very early. Could have had better information on what rides were on early.
Best ride - dragster.
However, quite a few rides had you thrown around (in a bad way!) - we didnt experience that the same in Kings Island (which was our favourite park).
Staff were generally efficient and helpful.
Expensive once in the park. We paid for the platinum pass because we were attending the 3 parks which gave us included parking.
Better than florida!
Staff at Canadas Wonderland could take LOADS of pointers from both Cedar Point and Kings Island - and the rides need be updated.

1 Thank dairbear
Illinois
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“awesome rides, had a blast!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

My son has been asking to go to Cedar Point for several years now... we waited until his little sister was tall enough to ride the "big" rides.

We went the first week of June, which ended up being a great time! Turns out a lot of Ohio schools were still in session, so we had very small crowds & short lines!!!

My son's favorite ride was definitely Top Thrill Dragster -- he rode it several times... our longest wait was about an hour, when it was having trouble & kept closing and reopening... all our other wait times for Dragster were maybe 30 minutes tops.

Mine & my daughter's favorite ride was Millenium Force -- so awesome! We rode in the front car one night & experienced a ton of bugs flying in our faces... we closed our mouths quickly & had an amazing ride!!!

We had early entry into the park, which we took advantage of one day. We also packed a picnic lunch and walked out to our car each day for lunch. The park was clean, the rides were great & we had SUCH an amazing time.

The best tip I have is to go when the crowds are low -- the first week of June was perfect for us since we were already out of school.

Visited June 2011
3 Thank tommybear85
Titusville, Pennsylvania
“Awesome! Great Employees, Great Thrills, Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

I go on an outing with my Youth Fellowship yearly, and I absolutely adore this place!

We get there at opening and leave at closing. (If you can stay for the fireworkds, stay on Pioneer Frontier, great view there plus that's when the Starlight Experience is!) The lines are not super long, as we go on a Wednesday, so we get the chance to ride every ride we wanna!

I was waiting for some of my mates to get off of the Skyhawk (I was too afraid) and the ride hit a bird and killed it, right at my feet! I shrieked and was completely disgusted, but park employees came really fast and cleaned the area. They talked to me and made sure I was alright.

The eateries there are really good, all except for Subway. They offer only a few meats, cheeses, and only Italian bread. If you go there, eat at Johnny Rocket's, the Saloon place, or that 50's diner. They are excellent, and they have reasonable prices as well.

The roller coasters... Oh, you gotta love them! There has to be over, like, 70 of them! I can't go on a whole lot of them, mainly ones with loops and steep drops due to my severe motion sickness, but with the help of some Dramamine I was able to go on a reasonable amount of them. They have a large selection for thrill seekers, I am enthusiastic about this place, I think everyone should go sometime in their life.

Windsor, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“If you love amusement parks, go!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

We absolutely LOVED Cedar Point! We camped at CampersVillage so took advantage of the early entry into the park. Only once did we wait in line for longer than 30 minutes. Hardly any wait on the other rides. Our family loves roller coasters and we hit the jackpot here! Highly recommend!!

Visited June 2011