“Super Lunch”

Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We visited Casa Real for lunch while visiting Cedar Point. It was a super getaway from the park with very tasty food. Their portions were large, the food yummy and the service very good. They also had good veggie choices. Coming from Texas, we are used to excellent Tex-Mex and Casa Real was a pleasant surprise in Ohio.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I found this on Tripadvisor and thought we'd give it a try. Everything seemed to astonish here. We spent several years in New Mexico and since then our search for good Mexican food has been fruitless, until now. We visited on a Tuesday night and the parking lot was so full you would have thought it was a weekend night.
We were seated quickly by a courteous staff and the menu was very thick as there are several items to choose from. The value for your dollar is very high and the food is just amazing. I tried the Ohio special but I'm sure whatever you choose will be just as amazing. I was really surprised to find a restaurant of this quality tucked away in Sandusky as my expectations have taken a beating time and time again from other sub-par Mexican restaurants but Casa Real is worth your time and money. I strongly recommend this establishment to anyone!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were craving Mexican on our last night. Decided to stop here and give it a try. Food was decently priced, wait staff was friendly.

Food was good. You get alot for your money. Salsa was a little bland, but chips were fresh and crisp.

We were happy we stopped.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The food here is excellent no mater which item you choosed. Free refills on all fountain drinks. Kid freindly. Close to Ceader Point & Great Wolf Lodge.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I am baffled by the previous reviews of Casa Real here. I ate there last night after a long day at Cedar Point based on all the positive reviews and I can truly say it was the worst (American) Mexican food I have ever experienced. My friends and I ordered a margarita pitcher on the rocks and it was a mix rather than being made with fresh limes. First disappointment but whatever. The chips and salsa were fine but not very good. Second strike. I wasn't very hungry so we shared meals and my husband decided to order a seafood molcajete, which is a big simmering pot--kind of like a fajita where you wrap the steaming ingredients along with rice and beans into a tortilla. The contents of the pot were as follows: 4 pieces of green pepper, 4 shrimps, a lot of onion, and the rest was, I kid you not, imitation crab legs that had been cut up and fried. All this was topped off with two small fish filets that had been so deep fried they were basically just crust, and some melted cheese. It made me queasy later just thinking about it. The rice and beans were flavorless and pretty nondescript. My daughter ordered fish tacos and they tasted like they were cooked in the same greasy sauce as the seafood pot, with a little sour cream thrown in. I couldn't identify the fish they used. Why did my family order fish and seafood in the middle of Ohio, you ask? I don't know but I have been to many Midwestern places where they manage to pull off fish even if it starts out frozen. My friends ordered something with fish and vegetables and it, also, was basically the same dish--same sauce, same questionable fish. The service was also very minimal, but not in a good way, more like in a "I've got 30 minutes left on my shift and don't care anymore" kind of way.

Bottom line, skip this place, even if it is the only Mexican in town. It is not even close to being worth the money and is pretty unappetizing.