“shuttle bus ”

Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Tecumseh Ontario
Reviewed August 30, 2005

Shuttle bus?????
I am sitting in the hotel loby using there free internet access computer.
We were told the shuttle bus would be here at 2:00 pm... it is now 3:40 pm and we are still waiting. The one clerk says the bus called and it was at the park and heading this way but needed to stop for gas. The next clerk says the bus just called him and says he was just here and is now back at the park. If you are comming here because there is a bus, don't bother! I don't think they have one.

Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ohiogeo1, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2011

All Rooms are Completely Renovated. Rest Assured. We’ve heard you. See the photos. The hotel guest rooms under went a complete renovation – all rooms are going to be brand new for this coming Summer 2011. Everything! The Comfort Inn Maingate has been modernized and completely refurbished. The breakfast has been expanded providing your morning satisfaction. This hotel will have the newest rooms in Sandusky. We’re 1 block from the entrance to Cedar Point Drive . Give us an opportunity. Thank you …

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Sandusky

Reviewed August 21, 2005

We stayed at the Maingate Comfort Inn in July 2005 for we thought was going to be a pleasant stay.

Our first problem was the suppose to be 5 minute shuttle bus ride to Cedar Point which turned into an hour trip with no a/c on a overcrowed bus on a hot summer day that lasted close to an hour.

The first misconception was booking this hotel which makes you to believe by paying the extra money with the free shuttle it would allow you to be closest to the park. What is the extra money for?????

We called to complain and the lady at the hotel desk claimed there was nothing she could do about the situation and there would be no discounts.

Once we got back from a tiring day at Cedar Point, we come back to our damp, smelly. buggy hotel room. There was a worm on the bedspread. Luckilly we had our own pillows and blankets from our vehicle to sleep on. Hoping to finally get a good night sleep, around three in the morning, a storm hit and the door blew open with the dead bolt on! How secure is that?

Went to Shower the next morning and had something too disgusting to mention on the towel.

At the time of check-out, we told the worker the rest of our problems with the hotel room and she gave a simply "o well, sorry" as if to say "thats life!"

Later that day when we arrived home, my daughter had realized that she had left an outfit on the bathroom floor that morning. I called to have the clothes shipped back. My daughter was missing an important volleyball shirt which she will need once volleyball season starts.

Sad to say, its been almost a month by now and my daughter has yet still to recieve her clothes. I will never stay at a Comfort inn "hotel" (more like motel) again.

• Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank Nellsiebellsie

niles, mi
Reviewed August 6, 2005

Never...EVER stay here in this Black ridden mildew place, with base boards missing because of water and filth! Bed sheets and clothes had old fuzz. The SMELL was terrible.....and we agreed to try another room....GUESS WHAT? The only thing that changed was that the bottom ot the door was kicked in about an inch and the latch didnt work unless you kicked the door in with your foot. Trust me, unless you love fearfactor don't EVER stay here.

• Stayed: July 2005

Reviewed April 3, 2005

We stayed at the Comfort Inn April 2, 2005. We upgraded to a jacuzzi room. The room was clean but had an an annoying musty, dirty odor that burnt your nose!!! I brought along a spray cinnamon air freshener, but that didn't help much. The hotel staff were very nice and treated us well. We ate dinner at the Thirsty Pony. Very pricey for what you get. The manager came by our table and specifically advised us that all of their food was prepared when ordered. Nothing pre-made. Therefore, it would take a little longer for our order. 5 minutes later, the server delivered our food. My husbands beef tips, potatoes and broccoli, were fresh out of the freezer !!! They promptly heated his plate up in the microwave. The pool area appeared to be clean. But the overwhelming chlorine smell made you gasp for air when entering the pool area. Our stay there was about a minute. The bowling alley was wild and crazy. Cosmic bowling and extremely loud music. Great for teenagers. Older adults could not stand it.
This hotel could use a lot of improving, especially for the potential summertime crowds for Cedar Point. But on the average, it's just "okay". If you want high class, go next door. If average is ok for you. Then your stay should be adequate. Hope this helps all potential guests.

• Stayed: April 2005
7  Thank squirrell4042

Kalamazoo, MI
Reviewed May 24, 2004

We read the reviews, but since they claimed to have remodeled, we took our chances. The staff was really nice, the rooms were small, we didn't feel safe, weird smell and although the rooms were clean, we felt dirty staying there with our kids. we went to the staff to check out 5 minutes later. They were very nice and we got a full credit. Remodeling isn't the answer. They just need to tear it down.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed April 22, 2004

We paid $139 for a room worth no more than $49. We felt totally ripped off. I wish I had known about this site before I booked this crummy hotel.
I wrote a letter to Comfort Inn, but generic responses and no apology. The rooms were dirty and smelly. I was terribly upset that I subjected my small children to such conditions. Don't be fooled by the outside facade.

6  Thank ardecker

Reviewed April 18, 2004

This hotel was the absolute worst place I have stayed in many, many years. I'd rather camp than stay here. At least then, I know what I'm getting into. The room was dirty, there were cobwebs in the doorways, we didn't even go near the pool, as it looked disgusting and there were bugs EVERYWHERE. We, too, saw the disclaimer letter from management about the bugs. It would have been comical if it wasn't for the fact that I have stayed lots of other places close to lakes, rivers, and oceans and have never had such a bug problem. The website said the rooms were "recently remodeled." Mine wasn't. My room did not have the hairdryer, ironing board and iron, or coffee maker as was advertised.
When I inquired at the front desk, I was given an unconcerned, "I know, those things get stolen all the time." The best part is that I wrote to management and received a response saying that those things are amenities, they were just unavailable at the time of my stay. Choice Hotels International was not interested in my opinion, either. Their loss, as I have stayed in 8 different, non-Choice, hotels in different cities since I was there in August 2003. I avoid all Choice Hotels as I feel my business is not appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2003