Not the nicest of the Comfort inn hôtels. Our first impression was far to be happy, the exteriors looked old and not very clean. The hotel does appear smaller and nicer on their website. I's in fact a 2-floor (with exterior corridor) long building and half of it (for the rooms on the back) is facing a row of houses which are very close, so you have no view at all and have to draw your curtains all the time for intimacy.
The young woman at front desk was nice and friendly, but I have to say, not very pro. When checking in we asked for a room on the front, facing the main parking lot, she said yes and our room was in fact on the back. Good point was it was on 2nd floor and in the half close to Cleveland Road. Bad point was we had a tree (there is only one !) right in front of our room so we had absolutely no view, except that tree. I am the kind of person who likes to have a view and "see the world" from my room so I felt like trapped in that room. We considered to go back to the lobby and ask for an other room, but that young lady obviously didn't know her hotel and we were almost certain we would get an even worse (regarding to the view) room. So we stayed there (three nights).
Got used to it finally and to our tree ! The room itself was nice and clean, with all the amenities you can expect. Other guests were mainly families with kids, here for Cedar Point (very close indeed), so the atmosphere was cool and happy, and we never heard any disturbing noise from the other rooms.
Breakfast was OK, but area rapidly crowded, some guests had regularly to go eat their breakfast in the lobby (which was yet very small).
We certainly enjoyed our stay and our room finally, but would probably stay somewhere else next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive at Baymont Inn Sandusky, we want you to relax and feel at home. Our helpful staff is there to welcome you, and you'll find inviting, clean rooms are just ahead. ALL Rooms Renovated in 2012! There's nothing more thrilling than a hotel right in the center of the action and here you are literally a hop, skip and a jump away from the main entrance to Cedar Point Amusement Park. Enjoy a well-appointed guest room and hotel amenities that include free HBO with premium cable TV, free local calls and wireless Internet, an extensive and complimentary breakfast and brand new fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Sandusky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Maingate Hotel Sandusky
- Comfort Inn Sandusky
- Baymont Inn & Suites Sandusky Ohio