Baymont Inn & Suites Sandusky
Comfort Inn Sandusky(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$101
BestWestern.com
$163
$139
Hampton.com
La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$79
$200
Hotel Breakers(Sandusky)
$228
$150
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Close to everything we wanted to see in Sandusky! Attractions, shopping, restaurants, and the ferry to Put-in-Bay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Will definitely be back! Next time please make the weather better. it rained most of the day on Saturday.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to offer such a positive rating and review of your recent stay with us. It's very gratifying to hear when our guests have such a wonderful experience not only with the product and services we offer, but more importantly, when they have such a great interaction with our staff.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we'll definitely work on having better weather the next time you visit :)

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I just travelled across the usa and stayed here for five days to visit cedar point. It was a bad sign at checkin when the girl on reception didnt know how we should get to cedar point. I mean, if there is one thing that you should know in this area, that is it. There is NOTHIN else here.

I will start with the only positive.. Our reservation was there and there are beds that are ok to sleep in. Otherwise this place is badddd. When i asked for a safe box for my passport, i was told no we dont have one at reception or in the rooms. Wtf? Dont leave ur passport in these rooms, the doors and windows are so easily breakable... And exposed to the road. I asked where the laundry was and reception didnt know and gave me the address of a laundromat miles away. A quick walk and i find There was one next door past the mexican joint.

Room service never came, daily we would return from cedar pt and the room was as it was. Would have to request room service. The keycards for the doors needed replacing daily.. We would return late from cp and not be able to get into our room. Thus having to deal with the woman who knows nothing on reception to get new keys. Not to mention bothering her was an interruption to her day. If she wasnt having a ciggy outside.

Honestly its cheap, but this was the worst place i stayed in america and i went across from la to nyc. I dont usually write reviews, but it was so bad an experience i believe others deserve to avoid such hell.

Two stars only because it was close and had beds.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wade T

Thank you for taking the time to offer input and review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Although not consistent with what we normally hear about our property and our staff, it's certainly helpful to know, specifically, when guests are not COMPLETELY satisfied with their stay. Your feedback will help us to focus our energies on what is most important to our guests and will provide real-life examples of where our staff can improve.

We hope you'll give us a chance in the future to prove to you our commitment to continuous quality improvement.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My boyfriend booked this hotel for two nights while myself,him and a friend attended cedar point. I looked at the reviews before we left and felt very positive about his choice. On arrival the area was not one I'd personally stay in. You can't complain about the location from cedar point at all, this was probably the most positive thing about the hotel and the breakfast. When I first saw the room, I was like okay not terrible, maybe not worth the price, but then once I was in and had a closer look I was very disgusted. There was nail clippings on the side of the bed, stains on the sheets of one of the beds, bugs smashed on the wall and around the sink and furnace. There was also quite a bit of hair in the shower and bathroom area. The boys said things will be fine and cleaned up some of this, but I was still very Leary about the room. I don't know if we just got a bad room or what. The room was a little outdated as well.

Also, the first night we were all awoken by an alarm in the room next to us around 4:30am. It literally went off for 30 to 45 minutes until finally one of us went to the desk and told them what was happening and wondered if the alarm was just left on or if someone was in the room. We heard one of the staff knock on the door and someone finally turned the alarm off. So, moral of this story is staff was helpful, but walls seemed like they were paper thin and we could hear basically everything that was happening next door.

Our stay was not a good experience, I was very disappointed and when we go to the park again we will most likely try a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

First, thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you also for recognizing our staff who really does do their level-best in providing unparalleled, top-notch customer service--and for pointing out that our location relative to the entrance to Cedar Point is really unmatched in the area.

Second, please accept my apologies for less than acceptable experience with our housekeeping department. Good or bad, we listen and try to respond to ALL of our guests' feedback. Your comments will go a long way in helping to train and re-train our staff and to show them what is most important to our guests.

I'm a bit surprised that you thought that the room was outdated as ALL of our guest rooms and public areas have been completely renovated (carpet, beds, furniture, accessories, etc.) within the past 24 months.

I hope that you'll consider staying with us again in the future so that we can prove our commitment to constant quality improvement. Also, for future reference, if you stay with us again (or stay anywhere for that matter) and you are not completely satisfied with the accommodations, let us know immediately so that we can move you to a more suitable room and so that we can correct any deficiencies for the next guest who might receive that same room. Its' the best way for us to not only make you happy and satisfied with your stay but also the best way to make sure that we rectify problems as soon as they're noted.

Thank you again for your input--we hope to be able to welcome you back on your next visit to our area!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The housekeepers was awesome my room was very clean and front desk was excellent thank u Katie for your excellent customer service see u next year!! Good job ladies we forgot the housekeepers name but I do remember one being real funny but respectful and the other a lil quiet but still friendly and helpful hope to see you girls next vacation! We are sure looking forward to it!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank delicatepetal

Thank you for taking the time to offer such a positive rating and review of your recent stay with us. As I've pointed out many times, the hallmark of any successful small business is the staff. It sounds as if we, "got it right' in your case and we're thrilled with the fact that you had such a positive experience.

It sounds as if we've earned a loyal guest in you and that's the best marketing we could ever hope to achieve. Thanks for sharing your experiences with others as it will undoubtedly help them to make a wise, informed decision on where to hotel when they're in our area. We can't wait to welcome you back during your next vacation!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

If I could rate the service as more than a 5 I would! The staff here is awesome! From the moment I checked in until the moment I checked out I felt completely welcomed! I had the privilege of having Katie check me and out and I must say she's great!! She was able to get me close to the pool and get me checked in waaaaay before check in time, that was made possible by a young lady named Amanda, I believe she is the head of housekeeping,she really pulled it together and got us a ready room! Breakfast here is amazing! Delicious, hot breakfast and its FREE! ( how can anyone complain about FREE?!) the boy taking care of breakfast was great too! He really tried hustling to keep things stocked and I noticed every morning Katie helping him out!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank JustKeepSwimming80

Thank you for the amazing five-star rating and review of your recent stay with us. It's really great to hear when our staff is recognized for their outstanding customer service as this is truly the hallmark of any successful small business.

As is always the case, we will pass your very positive comments on to our staff as they are really the ones that deserve the credit. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We can't wait to be of service to you again in the near future!