“THE WORST OF THE WORST - AND WE HAD VERY LOW EXPECTATIONS!”

Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Indianapolis, Indiana
“THE WORST OF THE WORST - AND WE HAD VERY LOW EXPECTATIONS!”
Reviewed September 3, 2010

If you are intelligent enough to use trip advisor to plan you trip, be intelligent enough to never stay here. I would list all the reasons why if i had a few hours.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Depew, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2010

The room stunk, sheets smelled, room was dirty, no pool, no phone service!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't even send my dog to this place. There was a reason this hotel was so cheap. It was a complete DUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank k1973

Travelers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 27, 2010

The blankets had other people's hair on it, the noise from the 2nd floor guests kept me up all night, we had to wait for orange juice at breakfast, breakfast was mini muffins and old danish pastry, no forks to eat with....one good thing was that our non-smoking room didn't smell like smoke at all. There was flower pots filled with cigarette buds and water near the entrance of the buildings. The pool wasn't open and it didn't even have water in it. The front desk people were not friendly and they didn't even say "thank you!" Overall, we will not be staying there again.

1 Thank beinformedbyme
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 27, 2010

This hotel is WAY over priced. I don't care how close it is to area attractions. $100/night is outrageous for the condition of this place. This is a $29.99/night motel at best! The walls and carpet were filthy. The bedspreads were about 30 yrs old, dirty, and dingy. I could at least tell that the sheets had been bleached, thank God!! The towels were like sand paper and the beds were hard as rocks. We put our two small children in their pack-n plays and that is where they stayed. We didn't want them running around in the room. The tub, toilet and sink were at least reasonably clean. I tried to convince myself that it was a "motel" and that I shouldn't expect much but when you consider the price it was just rediculous! The only reason we stayed here was because everywhere else was booked due to a convention that weekend. I would rather drive for an hour to get home instead of staying here again. Spend the extra money to stay some place else!!

Manistee, Michigan
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I traveled with my family and had reserved 4 rooms for a one night stay. We pulled into the parking lot and had no place to park it was a one way parking lot with people hanging outside the door drinking beer abd smoking. We checked into our rooms and only to find that 1 of the 4 rooms we reserved had people staying in it. We agreed to have two rollaway beds brought to us and be refunded the other room. The beds that they brought into us were in a storage that was not on property, the blankets and sheets smelled like urine and that were out of pillows. The wall were filthy and the bathroom was worse. It appeared that the bathroom mirrors were not cleaned in a long time and the walls looked like someone had wiped make-up all over them. It was obvious that the room is not inspected for cleanliness. There were cob webs, spots on the sheets, a weird smell, and broken items in the room. The staff were not helpful at all and the manager was extremly rude. The continental breakfast consisted of some mini muffins and coffee.The juice machine was broken, the pool was broke, and the game room was empty. When I went to check out there were 4 other people that were in there to complain. Some had blood on their pillows, oreos inder their dresser and BUGS!!! I was given the run around when I asked about a refund on the room that they over booked. I asked for a reciept when I checked out and was told the printer was broken yet the lady ahead of me was given one. This place is a dive and should be inspected and then shut down.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 18, 2010

They didn't have the discount cedar point or jet express tickets that they advertised on their website. The game room was empty and the pool was broken. But you can go across the 4 lane highway to the Comfort Inn and use their indoor/outdoor pools, and jacuzzi. The rooms seriously need renovated. There was spotty patch work on the walls and the comforters were faded. The towels had black spots all over them. Although, I didn't see any bugs. Other than not being able to find the coupons, the staff was friendly. One night, we went to get pop (That's all they have, no snacks) and we didn't get our change so we went to the desk and they gave us the change and we asked them if another machine had change and they said they didn't know, they go to speedway and get their pop for $1 as opposed $1.75 at the motel. Then one night, we came back and the tv was on a different channel and the remote was broken. I went to the desk and they gave me two other remotes to try and she offered to come up and try to fix it, but we were tired and refused.

Monticello, Indiana
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We stayed two nites. when we checked in, we found the rooms dirty,cobwebs,walls hadnt been sense god knows when. the t v remote batteries were no good,and they didnt have any, for two days no remote. the picture on the t v was very staticy. one channel came in fair, but they wouldnt do anything about it. no pool,broken pipe they said.one ice machine,no ice.