Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky
$90
Comfort Inn Sandusky(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$101
Hotels.com
La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$79
$200
$150
Hotel Breakers(Sandusky)
$228
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 27, 2009

From the second we pulled into the parking lot, I thought booking this room was a bad idea. We had 8 people traveling with us, including my 3 sons ages 1-5. The parking lot was full there was no place to park and full of mostly teenagers walking around. It looked like a party motel. We got our key and walked into our room and the smell of MOLD hit my nose and I turned to my husband and said "there is no way I will put my kids in this room". My dad and brother opened the door to their room and there was people already living in that room! Thankfully noone was naked in the room!!! They gave them a second key and that room smelled like MOLD and BEER, had TRASH ON THE BED and some strange WHITE stains on the floor!!! I called the company we booked through and explained to them and thankfully the only nice thing about the hotel was the fact we could LEAVE and they did not charge us for the one night (although I had to wait until the next day for the managers approval) DO NOT go by the PICTURES on the website...They must have been taken at a different Travelodge or another local hotel because these pictures DO NOT match what I seen. Also, when we went back in to give the guy at the front desk our keys, he had to have been HIGH, his eyes were half closed and he was talking very sloooooow!! This place looked like something you would see on one of those cop shows where they do the prostitution busts!!! TRUST ME, PAY MORE MONEY AND STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy!! I read the reviews before I booked, but I paid more attention to the good ones...I would love to meet the people who gave this place a good review because they have to either be young and inexperienced at hotel staying or very sleazy. I honestly don't know how this place gets to have the Travelodge name...whoever let it pass inspection needs to go back and do a reassessment on this dump!!!

1  Thank momofzx3
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I stayed at Travelodge on Saturday, July 11th after a day at Cedar Point with friends. When we walked into the room we immediately noticed how unsanitary the room was...it had not been updated in quite some time (no big deal) but the cleanliness was subpar. Floors were dirty and hair was very apparent on the bedspreads and in bathroom and sink area. I wondered if they had vacuumed at all and obviously had not changed the bedspread; that ended up on the floor and was not made use of. Having forgotten my pillow, I checked the ones available and there seemed to be some kind of stain (fluid) on each one. I declined to use one. The next day, I was feeling itchy and had developed some very bad and inflamed bug bites on my arms and neck. When I returned home, I researched the bites to ensure I had not made a mistake; they were almost certainly bed bugs. I had to immediately isolate all of my belongings that were in the hotel with me and have gone through much trouble to make sure my home has been cleared of any more. I emailed Travelodge and received a very generic apology; we did not receive our money back. My bites are slowly healing.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2009

The rooms were not horrible as some of the reviews that I have read, but it could use a full renovation. Was the worst that I have ever stayed and I would not stay there again, but if one had to...I would suggest that you bring your own sheets and pillow cases to put over theirs and Lysol to spray the rest of the bedding and surroundings. We had to make a trip to Wal-Mart as soon as we saw and smelled the rooms. Looks like housekeeping did clean, but not like they should in a hotel room. Bring Clorox spray and/or wipes with bleach for the bathroom and counter tops, etc. Maybe some carpet fresh, but definitely plug-ins and/or air freshener because the room smelled very musky. The bedding still had an odor after spaying more than once and a few stains. I personally did not see any bugs, but was told that a very large spider was spotted in the bathroom. Parking was scarce if you returned to the hotel at night. The pool was open, but could not see if it was clean, etc. The hotel was in a good distance (on the same road) as restaurants, Movie Theater, stores, etc. and only a few miles from the theme park. Our check-in and check-out went very smooth and quick and I did not have any complaints about the staff. They seemed to be pleasant. Enjoyed the trip, but not the hotel.

Reviewed July 14, 2009

This place was the absolute cheapest place that I found to stay, close to Cedar Point.
I was not expecting the Ritz and got what I expected. We were there to enjoy the Amusement Park, the room was to shower and sleep in. The room served its purpose.
If you have a extreme clean fobia this place is not for you.

Reviewed July 8, 2009

I came to this hotel because my family had such a great time in Sandusky. We wanted to visit Kings Island before we returned back to Atlantic City, NJ. The first night stay was the worst; we got back from a 4 hour drive and had to clean the tub Jacuzzi jets. Which was so gross. I went to the font desk to complain and the front desk clerk was high, she look as if she had taken some type of narcotic substance. Her eyes were red and she was talking with a slur. She called the Manager that was on call and only thing they could offer was a rag and cleanser. I had to ask if they had something I could scrub the jets with they gave me 4 toothbrushes. I complained to the front desk clerk about how there are deadly diseases called MERCER that is growing, that’s not including the Swine Flu. I had to go to the Wal-Mart to purchase some Clorox clean up because the only thing the hotel had to offer to disinfect was cleanser. No cleanser was going to get the bacteria that was growing from the jets. I was so upset to come back from a 4 hour drive and clean a tub which I paid for this service in the cost of staying at this hotel. My children were tired and they were ready to take a bath and go to sleep after a long day. I then returned to the front desk in the morning and spoke to Marge the front desk clerk which I then showed photos of the jets before and after they were cleaned. She then went in the Managers office to show the photos of the Jacuzzi jets to the manager Peggy " who stated she was not in during the time and I had to call or come back in the morning " I thought that was very rude for a Manager to not respond to a customers complaint in person when they have photos. I have photos of this really gross, horrible, disgusting tub that this company tried to blame on one staff member not cleaning the room correctly this was not just one day of bacteria, or dirt build up. THERE WAS SO MUCH MOLD AND DIRT THAT IT WAS A BUILD UP. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO MY WORST ENEMy. The gameroom just as dirty. The pool had dirt along the entire bottom, I would not let the kids put thier feet in. Parking was limited; if you did not get to your room early enough. I paid $110.46 per night. I don't think no one should have to wash out a tub on their first night stay at that rate. If I had paid $40.00 or $60.00 a night I would feel like you get what you pay for. Very disappointed in the Manager and the cleanliness of the housekeeping staff. I booked this hotel through Howard Johnson.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family