“GROSS!!!!!!!!!! DIRTY!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Grand Blanc
“GROSS!!!!!!!!!! DIRTY!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 1, 2009

This was by far the worst room I have ever stayed in. There is obviously not a Head Housekeeper there to check on the cleanliness of the rooms. Yes the room is cheap but it still should be clean. We stayed in 217/218 the 3 double bed room and it was awful. We left to get air freshner and lysol as soon as we got there. There was dried blood on the bathroom door handle, bugs lots of bugs on the carpet, mold growing on the carpet under the air conditioner and corners of the room, and beware a well carved hole in the ceiling tile over the bed in 218. Why did we stay??? I don't know, I guess shock numbed us. I would have left if I knew I could get another room at that late of notice. We also found bugs in our bed and blood stains--not sure how old they were--it was GROSS!! I left my shoes on because the carpet was so dirty. There were hand prints that I could wash off on the door of the bathroom, dried snot on the wall, the list goes on...
I couldn't sleep and WOULDN'T put the covers over me because of the fear of what was crawling on or around the bed. The room smelled so musty we had to get a tree airfreshener and hang it over the a/c unit. I felt so dirty when I left there. They also didn't have any continental breakfast--I didn't care at that point--supposedly it didn't get ordered for that morning, but it sounds like a reoccuring trend by the other reviews. Don't stay here!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank GrandBlancFleur72

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed June 19, 2009

I you don't mind staying in a 1970's remodeled brothel then this is the place for you!

We booked for 1 night via Expedia.com The price was right, the photos nice, and it was a national chain. Where could we go wrong? The possibilities are endless.

When we checked in the lobby was dirty, but it was raining so we gave that the benefit of the doubt. BIG MISTAKE. We were told we were in the "Executive building" which was across the parking lot. That can't be bad if its the executive building but we were wrong. The building had a damp smell to it, and carpet from the 1970's and that was just the outside. Once in the room we were greeted with RED plush carpet, powder blue bed spreads with white flowers, and a bathroom with black and white "marble" floors. Those are petty things of course, but the rest is even scarier.

The AC barely worked, there were water stains on the ceiling, dirt stains on the wall, and bedspreads. The only nice thing in the whole room was the updated shower curtain.

We were scheduled to stay two nights, but left after barely 1. When the manager asked if we wanted to have breakfast we couldn't get out of there fast enough. Lest we be exposed to Ecoli.

We will NEVER stay at a Travelodge, Econo Lodge, or any other hotel that this company owns. We will be disputing the charges on our credit card, and warning anyone who listens NOT to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

Michigan
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We checked in and the office smelled of smoke. When we entered the room dead bugs were found on the bathroom floor and two more on one of the beds.
Luckiey I had bedding in my car and replaced it for the kids. Who knows what else was in the bedding that I couldn't see.
I found this place on the internet but never looked at the reviews. The next night we stayed at the Great Wolf and loved it!

Continental breakfast was cheap donuts and juice.

We wil never stay at the Travel Lodge in Sandusky again. It was literally the worst place we have ever stayed.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
SanduskyTravelodge, other at Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky, responded to this review, May 27, 2009
We apologize for the smoke smell you encountered behind the desk. Also, we apologize for the bugs being in your room.
Flint
Reviewed October 12, 2008

This place sucked big time. This is the worst place i've ever spent the night at. There were stains on everything the bed, the chairs, all the sheets, the pillows, even the walls had stains on them. We had to sleep in our full clothes with our hoodys up, we were afraid to touch everything. The place was messy. There were potatoe chips behind the bed and everything was broken including the heater which only blew out cold air. Also we were scared because the place seemed shady. We had room 113 which has an adjoining room and we put the chairs in front of the doors so we would know if someone was trying to get in. In the adjoining room the window is glazed over. There was no parking, and what they call a gameroom which is a totally different building is scary. This place is the worst place EVER!

• Liked — The great jokes that came with it.
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank un-approved
flint Mi
Reviewed October 12, 2008

The travel lodge full of love stains, the sheets were all dirty and full of stains there was potato chips on the floor it smelt bad. I was scared for my life. Some good things about the Hotel were it had a heated pool, heated by the sun, They had an arcade wth new games like pong. There were strange White stains on the chairs and foot prints on the wall.

I would not go back ever again.

• Liked — leaving to take a shower
  • Disliked — the unwashed love stained sheets
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank khshock12
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 26, 2008

Stayed here in one of the "Sleepy Bear" rooms in Aug. I usually take reviews pretty lightly as I feel like people only review if they have had a bad experience, but these reviews were dead on. Room stunk, no towels, extremely dirty floor, pubic hairs on the toilet seat, used soap in the shower. I stopped trying to find things at this point because I didn't want to know what I was sleeping with. I never saw any bugs, but I'm sure I shared a room with them. The breakfast is HORRIBLE! We got there at 7 a.m. and the only thing they had was juice, mini cinnamon rolls, and pastries. It was a joke! All I wanted was a little oatmeal for the babies! I felt dirtier when I left only because I actually tried to sleep in the beds that I'm sure weren't clean.

• Liked — Location to freeway
  • Disliked — Too many to list
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
buffalo
Reviewed August 1, 2008

I stayed din this hotel in July, 2008 while visitng Cedar Point. the location is great there are several restaraunts, store and attraction within a few miles. However, the room smelled damp, it had black bugs, they were stingy with towels, they ran out of their free continental breakfast that is suppoed to be from 6-9 by 7:30. I had a 3 day accomidation yet everytime i left for any long period my key was locked out and i would haev to go get it recoded. Our Sheets were not changed and room was not vaccumed. i had to go ask for a vaccum so i coudl do it myself. I woudl not reccomend this hotel nor woudl i starythere again.

• Liked — location to attractions and restaraunts
  • Disliked — its was not a comfortable quality place to stay
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank boogityboo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandusky
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky
Quality Inn
#6 of 7 in Milan
Best Western Plus Sandusky Hotel & Suites
Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky

Been to Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky? Share your experiences!