“Could of been better”

Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ashley, Ohio
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Checked into spend the night. Staff was very pleasant, knowledgeable and professional in communicating. Asked her to print some coupons I found using my lap top. She spent the time to follow my directions to the web site and print the coupons for me. While talking to her, I learned she was the person on the phone when I called earlier in the week to request a first floor room, close to the desk. I remembered I commented to my family how pleasant she was. As for the décor and cleanliness: It was fine, there were no problems. We always take our pillows from home but forgot them this time. Pillows were a little flat, as with most hotels. While we would have liked a coffee pot in the room, there was one available just feet from our door. Breakfast was quick and we got out on time. Price was worth it, not gonna pay excessive amount for a night. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Usual restaurants within mile or less of hotel. Steak houses, Chinese, Mexican, Cracker Barrel, Bob...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank travelreview12013
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to offer such an overwhelming positive rating and review of your recent stay with us.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly, helpful, and attentive to your needs. We hope that you'll chose to stay with us again should your travels bring you into our area in the future!
Cadillac, Michigan, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2013

If I could give this hotel less stars I would! When we got to the hotel the room we paid over $80 for wouldn't open so we lost an hour of sleep while the stoned guy behind the desk tried to find us another room (we where only staying for 5 hours to get a bit of sleep before going to cedar point and our friends where staying there too) when we got in our new room that was smaller than the room we paid for (yet didn't get any refund) it smelt like mold and cigs so bad I almost threw up my husband opened the window and turned the heat on since it was freezing in there and it smelt like something was burning which was better than the mold smell. The room was so dirty!! I took a shower and the tub didn't drain very well so had to stand in nasty water, I dried off with my dirty shirt since it was cleaner than any of the towels (they all had black spots and blood stains eww) the carpet was damp which I'm sure that's where the smell came from. We went to bed and we had double beds since they didn't have any more king left, the beds looked like they where from the 50's with sheets that hardly fit the bed and very thin bedding and both beds where slanted at the bottoms so the head was way higher than the foot of the bed, the pillow cases where stained so I covered my pillow with my husbands dirty shirt. The bed was also harder than a rock! I froze all night so did my husband and he is usually really hot all the time. The neighbors woke up about an hour after we went to sleep sounded like they where talking in our room the walls where that thin and they took 4 showers it was so loud! My husband didn't sleep at all and he can usually pass out anywhere!! Lol I slept maybe an hour only good thing I can say about this place is I'm glad we didn't have to stay any longer!! Huge waste of money should have slept In our car would have been cleaner and way more comfy!

Room Tip: Sleep in our car and save the money!! Horrible hotel!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the opportunity to rate and review your recent stay at our hotel. Although not the kind of review we like to see, ALL guest feedback--good and bad--is important to us as it helps us to better understand where to focus our energies and what is most important to our guests. I am very sorry that you encountered the issues that you raised in your review and only hope that you'll give us another chance in the future to prove our commitment to continuous quality improvement. Although this property is definitely geared and marketed toward the more budget-conscience guest, there is no reason to expect anything less than clean, comfortable, safe accommodations. Thank you again for your valuable feedback!

Travelers are raving about these Sandusky hotels