“Nice stay for the money”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Carey
“Nice stay for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Nothing spectacular but room was clean and the price was very affordable. Staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed your stay. I'm also happy to hear that you found the price to be affordable and found value in your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
akron ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

rented two rooms arrived late first smelled musty after making three sets of keys they unlocked the room and it was occupied with belongings. They moved us to there other hotel best budget inn, wow what a room MOL on all bathroom walls, spider webs and spiders all over the desk persons said I know about it. so back to starting hotel they found us a room card slot lock broken they unlocked the door for us smelled musty mouse poop on the towels there answer to everything was we just opened.

Room Tip: go some place else
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank robert p
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
I'm sorry for the inconveniences that you encountered with two of our eight hotels. The two hotels that you experience ARE seasonal properties and, as such, do take a bit of time to get up and running at the beginning of the season. Rest assured that the issues that you identified have been rectified and we hope you'd give us another chance in the future to prove to you that we really do strive for continuous quality improvement and that everyone should be assured of a clean, comfortable, safe place to stay.

Travelers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night in June after a trip to Cedar Point. The staff was very nice and even gave my son an entire set of Avengers room keys. It's little things like that that make a big difference. The room was what would would expect, it was clean but the seemed it could use a remodel. Im glad we stopped here, it was a decent place to sleep and shower, before the long journey home.

• Stayed June 2012
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thanks for relating your recent experiences at our hotel. I'm extremely pleased to hear that our staff was attentive to your needs and went "above and beyond" to make the stay special for your son. We hope that you'll choose to stay with us again should future travels bring you our way!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

It took 20 minutes for the night desk man to check me in after taking 20 minutes with every guest before me.

The room was sufficient for our needs. It had 3 beds, we were traveling with 6 people. But there were sunflower seeds behind the nightstand and dust all over. Just a dingy old MOTEL!

We were under the impression that check out was noon, so at 11:15 I answered the phone and someone says "are you leaving??"
I at first assumed it was a friend in another room but no it was the rude lady at the front desk. I said we were told check out was noon but yes we will leave now. She didn't identify herself upon calling or offer one kind phrase (please, thank you....)that is really ignorant and rude.
I will NEVER stay here again. I will be complaining to management and also Wyndham hotels.
I complained at the desk and said I didn't appreciate that call, you shouldn't be calling guests like that. If we weren't checking in so late, I would never have considered such a crappy motel and have learned my lesson!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Shanlyn
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for relating your recent experience at our hotel. I'm glad to hear that the accommodations met your needs but am very disappointed to hear about the negative customer service that you encountered.

Although not evidenced during your stay, quality customer service is one of the foundations of our corporate philosophy. It's one of the areas where an establishment can differentiate itself from its competitors. It appears as if we dropped the ball in your case and for that, I'm extremely sorry.

Your comments will assist us with future customer service training as we continually look for ways to improve all of our services, features, and products. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience and I hope that you give us another opportunity in the future to prove our commitment to continuous improvement!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandusky
Quality Inn
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#7 of 35 in Sandusky
La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point

Been to Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky? Share your experiences!