“Good last minute hotel.”

Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Good last minute hotel.”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night in June after a trip to Cedar Point. The staff was very nice and even gave my son an entire set of Avengers room keys. It's little things like that that make a big difference. The room was what would would expect, it was clean but the seemed it could use a remodel. Im glad we stopped here, it was a decent place to sleep and shower, before the long journey home.

• Stayed June 2012
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thanks for relating your recent experiences at our hotel. I'm extremely pleased to hear that our staff was attentive to your needs and went "above and beyond" to make the stay special for your son. We hope that you'll choose to stay with us again should future travels bring you our way!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2012

It took 20 minutes for the night desk man to check me in after taking 20 minutes with every guest before me.

The room was sufficient for our needs. It had 3 beds, we were traveling with 6 people. But there were sunflower seeds behind the nightstand and dust all over. Just a dingy old MOTEL!

We were under the impression that check out was noon, so at 11:15 I answered the phone and someone says "are you leaving??"
I at first assumed it was a friend in another room but no it was the rude lady at the front desk. I said we were told check out was noon but yes we will leave now. She didn't identify herself upon calling or offer one kind phrase (please, thank you....)that is really ignorant and rude.
I will NEVER stay here again. I will be complaining to management and also Wyndham hotels.
I complained at the desk and said I didn't appreciate that call, you shouldn't be calling guests like that. If we weren't checking in so late, I would never have considered such a crappy motel and have learned my lesson!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Shanlyn
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for relating your recent experience at our hotel. I'm glad to hear that the accommodations met your needs but am very disappointed to hear about the negative customer service that you encountered.

Although not evidenced during your stay, quality customer service is one of the foundations of our corporate philosophy. It's one of the areas where an establishment can differentiate itself from its competitors. It appears as if we dropped the ball in your case and for that, I'm extremely sorry.

Your comments will assist us with future customer service training as we continually look for ways to improve all of our services, features, and products. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience and I hope that you give us another opportunity in the future to prove our commitment to continuous improvement!

Travelers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

NIAGARA FALLS
Reviewed September 27, 2012

overall satisfied with lodging. i wouldnt get the suite again, no coffee pot, outdated fridge and microwave. jacuzzi tub looked like it needed to be cleaned (which i did before getting in) and too small for two people. bed was great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank AUDRA W
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Although I'd like EVERYTHING to exceed your expectations, I am glad that, overall, you enjoyed your stay. We use comments such as yours to make continual improvements to our properties--they help us to focus on what is important to guests.

I hope that you'll choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you to our area in the future! Thanks again!
Long Island, New York
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I spent one night in this rat trap in July. All I can say was that I am glad my wife didn't have to endure this dump of a hotel with me. I had a cave like room over the office and it was barely useable. Never again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank nycstripes
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
I am sorry that your experience at our hotel didn't meet your expectations or needs. We continually look for ways to improve our product, our quality, and our customer-service standards. Please try us again in the future and see for yourself that we have a continuous improvement plan in place and that we do all we can, within limited resources, to make improvements as they beccome feasible. Thanks for your feedback!
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The first 3 nights in august we stayed in a room that was terrible. The bathroom was tiny, no wifi, the pool was cloudy, the room door had a 1.5" gap under it and was paper thin, the ac unit fan made a terrible noise, and the beds were back breaking. We had such a great time at cedar point we decided to stay one more night. We booked another room in the same hotel but it was in a different building. like night and day. The new room had wifi, comfy beds and a quite ac and looked like it had been cleaned atleast once that week, a huge step up. There was still no juice for breakfast and the pool was still scary, but the room was sleepable. 78 bucks for the first few nights and 50 bucks for the weekday last night. hotels are overpriced and most of the are terrible. If you stay at this one, pray you get a room in the better building.

Room Tip: rm 201 was a nightmare, room 23x was much better
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent experience at our hotel. Although, as you mentioned, this property is older, there's no reason why it shouldn't be just as clean and as comfortable as a newer property. It may not have all of the amenities that a newer property has, but it should be relative to the price you paid for your stay. We continue to work with our staff on the high standards we've set for cleanliness and comfort. Your comments provide real-life examples of where we can do better--and for this, I'm grateful. We hope you'll chose to stay with us again in the future and see first-hand our committment to continuous quality improvement!
Chicago
Reviewed August 20, 2012

For $100/night my wife and I could stay in a granite and marble appointed suite in breathtakingly beautiful Negril, Jamaica with all the omelettes, lobster, shrimp, pineapple, etc. that one could ever dream of included in the price .....or stay in cardboard box room on flea-bag hotel row in the paradise of Sandusky, Ohio. Every hotel in this area should be ashamed as they are ridiculously expensive. Let's call that 'x'. My father-in-law loves to fish and there's no way of getting around getting ripped off in this area, which he likes to frequent. Therefore, we always try to find the lowest priced alternative when forced to stay here. I read the overwhelmingly horrible reviews on this flea bag, but knowing how silly people are, I decided it couldn't be that bad and gave it a shot. The receptionist was friendly and check-in was a breeze. When we got to our room you'd think we'd have needed a gas mask and assault rifle before breaking down the door by reading these reviews. Our room (140) was clean, cool and comfortable. It was just like every other hotel room in this bastion of mediocrity. The carpet in the hallway was dirty and our room was no where close to new. But it wasn't that big of a deal. As we got in the bed, my wife saw 'a hair' on the sheet and had a conniption fit, at that moment I immediately understood all the negative reviews on this place. I've rambled enough, it's not that bad, the wi-fi worked in our room, the tub didn't drain properly and that would be my only complaint.

1 Thank WatchitSucka
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property. As you indicated, this is a seasonal destination tourist area--the pricing and amenities are completely controlled by supply and demand. I'm glad that you found our accommodations met your overall needs but am also happy that you let us know where we fell short. Comments such as these continue to help us better train our staff because, no matter what, everyone deserves clean, comfortable accommodations--no matter whether your're at the Ritz or at the Travelodge. That's our committment to friendly customer-service and high standards of cleanliness and comfort. We hope you'll choose to stay with us again in the future!
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and the place was fine, exactly what I would expect for $70 a night. The pool was clean as was our room, no bugs of any type, no weird smells, etc. Only negatives are the pillows are very small and the wi-fi is slow when everyones at the hotel and obviously trying to use it. The people at the reception desk were friendly and effcient and we had 1 instance where we needed some supplies and they were quickly brought to us. I think some people expect a Hilton experience when they are paying Knights Inn rates. The place was packed every night and everyone seemed happy and friendly, no loud screaming, nobody running for their lives from all of these supposed bugs, etc.

1 Thank dyna47
Thank you, very much, for your positive review of our hotel and staff. Although a seasonal property, we take pride in providing great customer service to ALL of our guests and providing clean, comfortable accommodations to everyone. Obviously, we're doing something right to have someone such as yourself go out of their way to write a review that is nothing other than positive. Thanks--we hope to be able to be of service to you again in the future!