My boyfriend and I went on vacation with his family and this year they chose this hotel, I can only assume because of the price. I went to Trip Advisor as soon as I got the hotel address and was disappointed and nervous going into the trip. I brought a flat sheet and some blankets and pillows and just laid on top of the made beds. I also brought my own towels, to be safe. I really am glad I did, especially coming home to this review about the bed bugs. We didn't see any, but there were flies in our room that were crawling on the bed while we were getting ready in the morning. Truth be told this hotel is about 20 years behind the time (and thats on average). The vinyl flooriong in the "bathroom" looks like something out of Greg Brady's houses on the Brady Bunch. Everything is yellow, with big hideous floral patterns. The room is not very inviting, the scent alone hits you like a brick wall when you first get there. We walked in and it just smelled like mold and old carpet. The one thing i didn't bring in preparation for this was candles or air freshener, so we had to make an emergency trip to Wal*Mart at midnight. The staff was very nice. The continental breakfast was terrible, but thankfully there was a gas station right next door with coffee and breakfast sandwiches. We had a great time, but we didn't spend much time in the room. The beds were kind of uncomfortable but we made due with what we had. I'm really glad I had researched this beforehand otherwise I probably would have been miserable. The BEST part of the motel: The water pressure in the shower; The WORST part of the motel: They keep the gate to the swimming pool wired OPEN. At the deepest it's 5 ft. I was very concerned about the children because we were travelling with a 2 year old. granted that we would never let her out of our sight, it's still ridiculous that they keep the pool wide open with NO lifeguard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The roller coasters at Cedar Point are just five miles away from our comfortable hotel, which features family rooms as well as luxurious honeymoon Jacuzzi rooms. Enjoy a large heated outdoor pool, complimentary express limited Continental breakfast, and easy access to the Baci NiteClub and Restaurant right across the street. Stay close to adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky Hotel Sandusky
- Travelodge Sandusky
- Travel Lodge Sandusky
- Travelodge Lake Erie Sandusky Ohio