Pine Lakes Lodge
Southgate Hotel(Cambridge)
Average 3/5
Excellent 5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsb bget awaypotatoesbiscuitsrolling hillsbed and breakfasthot tubother guestshash brownshear everythingrooms are beautifulbottled watergreat roomvalentine's dayrelaxing weekendstaff was very friendly and helpfulthis past weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We recently stayed at Pine Lakes Lodge in the John Deere Room. What a view from this room! We could see the horizon at sunset and sunrise. The colors the sky changed to were amazing and breathtaking. The trees were starting to bloom and the green color in the trees I don't think could be duplicated. The animals on the property were a hoot. They each had their own personalities, some were simply hilarious. We rented the ATVs and rode them on the property. I don't think you would be able to walk the whole property in a day, the ATVs were a great idea and made it easy to see everything. We enjoyed the hot tub on the outside deck in the evening while having a glass of wine...it was a wonderful way to end our evening after the scrumptious dinner we had. We both enjoyed our stay immensely and will return probably in the fall to see what wonderful shades of colors the trees turn to then. The owner had the right idea by building a bed and breakfast on that property. It really is a little piece of heaven. Thanks Pine Lakes staff for being attentive to our needs and taking such good care of us while we were there. We will see you again in the fall :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Girlfriend from Virginia met me there while our husband went deep sea fishing in Florida. Beautiful place, espcially the view. Might get a little noisy with lots of people there because of log construction, but quiet while we were there. They even kept my friend's plant and watered it while we went up to Ohio Amish country for 3 days.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Janet W
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was our first time at a B&B Resort. My boyfriend and I went for his birthday. The staff was friendly. I would like to say thanks to Cam and the chef who were very nice and pleasant and also for the wonderful food. Also Jackie from Jacqueline's Day Spa was very wonderful as well. We received massages from her both days, she was very wonderful. The food was excellent and the room was nice, we stayed in the Ford Room, for two nights. In the morning, it was very loud, you were woke up to loud voices, coming from downstairs. Due to the walls being thin and that was very annoying. As we were leaving to check out. The owner was sitting at the table with a female and another gentleman. They were talking and I went to give the gentleman at the desk the key, as my boyfriend walked by, the owner said, "Do they belong here", to the young lady at the table. My boyfriend said he just stared at the man and the lady at the table was trying to distract the owner, so that he would be quiet. We both found that to be very offensive, rude and ignorant of him to say something of that nature. First off, our money spends just the same as any other race. Secondly, this resort received two nights of business from us, which wasn't cheap. Also, we would not have been coming down the steps with our bags in our hands, if we didn't belong there. I really don't think that we will go back to this place, due to the owner's ignorance.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
13  Thank 25shirleyb
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This getaway was just what we were looking for. To be away from everything and just relax. The scenery was amazing and the animals added to it greatly. The atmosphere was awesome and relaxing and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were sad to leave. The home cooked breakfast was really good and hit the spot. We are definitely looking forward to our next visit there and will be telling friends and family about it and that they need to go.

Room Tip: With sunrise view or sunset view... you can't go wrong with any room you get.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at Pine Lake Lodge. We loved the stay and plan on returning in the summer.

The staff was so accomidating and our room was very clean and comfortable. My daughters LOVED the king size bed!

My daughters also enjoyed the fresh baked cookies and hot chocolate they were able to get anytime of the day or night. Another high point for them was Petie the Parrot and Carl the Camel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family