“Just ok”

Big Dog Seafood Steak & Ale
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
“Just ok”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Wife had burger they were out of mushrooms. She said it was good. I had fish sandwich which was good. We also had an appetizer of large shrimp which was excellent! Service was ok, poor waitress acted nervous because owner or manager was sitting at another table watching her. All on all I would go back

poland
“Excellent food and great prices”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have eaten here many times and have never had a bad meal. I have eaten at Bob Evans and paid a higher price for terrible food the steak salads are awesome I don't know what all the complaints are about I never had a bad waitress. ...it's all good.

• Visited January 2014
Salem, Ohio
“Big Dog's left a bad taste in my mouth.”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I had a few sub par experiences at Big Dog's, but the last time I went was terrible! My wife and I waited about 10 minutes for a server to come over, another 10 for a beer, and to top it all off the food was so bad I took 2 bites and couldn't eat anymore. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich with their spicy BBQ sauce. What I received was a pile of lukewarm meat with hot sauce dumped all over it. It was repulsive, so I told the server I couldn't eat it and I very rarely complain. Needless to say, she scurried off to try and resolve the issue. However, at 8 PM on a Saturday night, she returned and said there was nothing she could do because they didn't have a manager in the store. Who doesn't staff a manager at that time on a Saturday? Anyway, she apologized profusely, took my number, and said she would have a manager or the owner call (her idea). Those cowards never called to try to rectify the situation and I will NEVER return to that place. Do yourself a favor and spend your money elsewhere.

• Visited September 2013
Salem,Oh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't waste your time or money!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Although my fiance and I got there late...900pm...we still counted on getting decent food.Well, first we got a waiter who seemed as though he was pushed into the role.The ranch salad dressing was way too salty.We both ordered ribs and they had the consistincy and flavor of microwaved animal parts...Sauce was a strange smoke flavored mess and my mixed drink was all coke.When asked how things were, I got some story about poor help over cooking the meats and got a ten percent reduction of the bill and a drink on the house...I ate half the rack and gave the other half a decent burial when I got home....This was a second or third visit and I'm done!

• Visited August 2013
West Salem, Ohio
“Great place!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Wife and I went with another couple. All of our meals wonderful, The waitress was very attentive It took a little time for our meals to come out because the place was very busy but it was well worth the wait. I'll be going back again this week!

• Visited April 2013