“great little hotel”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Saint Marys
Evansville, Indiana
“great little hotel”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed here for a race at nearby Eldora Speedway. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the staff and cleanliness of my room. Would stay here again and recommend to anyone for a weekend at Grand Lake or trip to Eldora Speedway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Thunder31
deborahgraham4, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites St Marys, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am happy to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in working hard to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable room. It is always sad to see the season end at Eldora. I look forward to seeing you again next year at the World 100 and hope to see you maybe at an earlier race too.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our room was a king suite on the second floor with a walk out balcony. There was a big king bed in the bedroom and a hide-a-bed in the living room couch. They were both comfortable as far as hotel beds go, we are both middle aged ladies and we didn't have any trouble sleeping at all. The living room, kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom were all clean and comfortable to move around and stay in for the couple of days that we were there. Central air was very comfortable, just like back home. The kitchen even had a bar part with some extra chairs where we sat and had tea with some family that came back from the funeral to visit with us. The bedroom and the living room both had TVs so that was a plus as my sister and I both have different channels we like to fall asleep to. There was a door that separated the two rooms for privacy and that was nice, too. The hotel is down the street from the funeral home. The front desk staff members were each very friendly at check in and also at check out. The maids cleaned our room nice and were very polite.

Oh and it turns out there is even a little pizza lounge-we went in and had some popcorn and some pretty good pizza subs there one night before bed, just for a little fun, it felt a bit like when we were young. :)

Hopefully it won't be for a funeral, but we both agreed we would stay here again next time either of us come into town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
deborahgraham4, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites St Marys, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
First let me say we are very sorry for your loss. I also want to thank you for taking the time to sit down and write a review of your stay. I am glad to know you were able to enjoy what our suites have to offer. I hope the next time you visit is for a more pleasant reason and look forward to welcoming you.
Cincinnati
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Usually we stay in Sidney or Wapakoneta Ohio when in the area but decided to try this place to be closer to our usual destinations. We'll go back to the more reliable, familiar chains in the larger towns.
Strike 1: Key card would not open door to room. Briefly got the green light, then a buzz with no more green light. Asked for new card(s). New cards didn't work. Asked for a different room and had success. Front desk suspects battery went out in door lock in original room.
Strike 2: Entered room to find alarm clock/radio unplugged. Turns out the outlet for it (behind one of two beds) was inoperable. This outlet was also where the bedside lights had to be plugged in. So we were without the use of those lights or a clock. (Thank goodness for cell phones and their alarms.)
Strike 3: AC did not cool room to a comfortable sleeping temperature.

The front desk clerk was nice, and the front desk area was clean. If things worked, I'd consider this property again, as it is not scary. But once was enough. Three strikes and you're off my list.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dayton Ohio
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay the night in St Mary's. The room was clean and didn't have any spots on the ceilings (number one thing I seem to notice). Some of the buildings look a little rough from the outside, but ours was pretty nice inside. There is a playground for the kids and the pool looked nice and clean even though it was too cold for us to use it. I think the rates are right one the money for what you get and there were no extra charges. The staff was very helpful and polite. The bed was not very comfortable, but it was quiet in our room. P.S. We stayed in the suite that is in the pictures and it looks just like the pictures.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MDHEMM
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are working hard to make some upgrades and to do some changes with the property. I look forward to you staying with us in the future.
North Ridgeville, Ohio
Reviewed August 2, 2013

First off this hotel is part apartment and hotel. The rooms are horriable and dirty. They look nothing like the beautiful pictures. If you like living like a hillbilly this place is for you. Hotel is a disgrace.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank gmk118
Hamilton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

A large group of us get together every summer and the staff at America's Best Value Inn are amazing every time! They make the check in process easy and smooth, considering there are over 40 of us checking in at a time. The rooms are clean and the beds are sooo comfortable!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our housekeepers work hard to make sure you have a clean and welcoming room, and our front staff enjoys getting to know our return customers. I am glad to know that we can get your entire group checked in fast and efficiently. I look forward to you and your group coming again next year. See you then.
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and i were very pleased with the suite. Very clean. Very roomy. The service was
top notch. Will recommend to everyone, and plan on staying there again. Was close to the
lake, and close to Eldora Speedway. Could not have asked for a better room or service.

Room Tip: Suites are awesome. Very roomy. Very clean. Best value for the buck....
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I am happy to hear how much you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. I also hope you had a wonderful time at the Eldora Nascar Truck races. This was a first for them and I hope they continue on with this event. I am glad to know you were happy with the service and the cleanliness of your room. Our housekeepers take pride in their work and I will make sure to let them know what you thought of the room and your stay. I look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Marys
#1 of 3 in Celina
Best Western Wapakoneta Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Delphos

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites St Marys? Share your experiences!