“A very good place for the money”

Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Saint Clairsville
Reviewed April 20, 2013

From the friendliness of the desk staff to the cleanliness of the room, everything was fine at this hotel. Granted, it is not as fancy as a 3-star hotel, but the only difference we really noticed was the lack of a closet with a door. Instead, there was a rack for hanging clothes. The furnishings were not particularly modern, but everything was clean. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback! I am very happy to know you found our hotel so clean and our staff so personable and efficent!

Have a wonderful day
Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I were pleased with our stay at the Red Roof Inn in Saint Clairsville. The front desk lady was welcoming and friendly, and as we settled in, we could see that the property was well maintained. Our only disappointment was that the room type we had booked (Superior King) was only available on the second floor; with two senior dogs unable to climb stairs, we opted for a smaller ground-level room. The room was a little cramped (for the four of us!) but it was clean, nicely furnished, and comfortable. We appreciated the many restaurant choices in the immediate area.

Room Tip: We were told by the front desk that all the Superior King rooms are on the second floor, accessed by...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. I am sorry to hear that you didn't receive a ground floor Superior King room. Yes the majority of Superior Kings are upstairs but we do have 4 Superior King rooms downstairs to choose from. I hope we can accommodate you in the future and provide you with a ground floor Superior King room for you and your senior pets. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Happy Travels,

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I would just like to say thank you to a few of the ladies that have made our stay extremely cozy!! The three of them work the front dest and on opposite shifts, Opal who works nights was more than diligent on accommodating our needs and furthermore she was on her 'A' game w/ communicating to any of the other staff members so that when we would need something the others were prepared and ready!! Thank you Opal you not only helped us but you were so friendly and sweet and humble w/ every day conversation! We would come back on those reasons alone as you have seen, we already have! Marian, bless her working all through the wee hours of the night having more patience than she should and working hand and hand w/ Opal when they have shift change she picks up right where Opal leaves off and continues w/ a smile! Helpful and getting the job done making sure there is always fresh coffee and watching both her & Opal deal w/ some customers that aren't polite and they both stay sweet and professional! I especially think she deals w/ more than she should have to and handles situations well and should probaly be given a raise for not only the hours but the circumstances, both her and Opal! Finally to Shari, who works the day shift, she is such a multi tasker and when I call to make a reso and she is the one to answer I feel releaved as she knows just whats needed and gets the job done! Well almost finally, it wouldnt be right if I didnt recognize the ladies who make for a comfortable nights rest!! Right now this property is dealing w/ a lot of guys coming in from coal mining, fracking and such and Tammy and Lisa always have those rooms clean and ready, smelling great & working as a team! Bravo to the ladies working behind the scenes making the guests feel at home, not an easy task, so thank you! These girls deal w/ more than people realize, especially the 3 at the front desk. Being that I can relate somewhat being in sales and customer service makes me appreciate even more what they do. Opal you are seriously HILARIOUS.... when I stay for a few days at a time I find myself taking a stroll for some fresh air, stopping in for a coffee and staying a while just for a chat w/ you and if its late night Marian adds to the laughs! That doesnt happen w/ just anyone so thank you girls, that is always a bonus and adds to a great experience! I must say the pricing of this property is a bit steep and unsettling especially when staying for a week and or more and several different times a month. I've stayed at other properties for far less expensive so that is my only negative criticism but definitely weighs heavily on our decision on staying much less and a shorter time than needed because of the price per night and not receiving a significant discount on weekly rates.. These ladies definitely have an impact on our decision to stay and if it werent for the ladies, the cleanliness and being so comfortable, we would go else where. Thanks to you, Opal, Marian & Shari and also to Tammy and Lisa- ~till next time, take care, stay safe, thanks to all of you and your hard work ~Jessica

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

On Behalf of Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, I would like to thank you for your great review and your kind words of praise for the customer service you received. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to Opal, Marian, Shari, Tammy and Lisa. Great service depends on all of the staff members willing to give their very best at all times. We can only assess the quality of our service and accommodations through the eyes of our guest. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the area.

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inns!

General Manager.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My fiancee & I checked in & Marian was very helpful to get us checked in quickly & efficiently!! It was cool out & the room already had heater on!! (Other hotels I've stayed at, the rooms are cold & you wait to get warm) The room was crisp & clean and we enjoyed the nice comfy mattress & pillows in business king! Checking out was a breeze & Marian was there training a new associate,who seemed to be catching on well. I would absolutely recommend staying at this Red Roof Inn!!!!

Room Tip: Business Kings are the best!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you so much for writing a review on our hotel. I will make sure that I pass along your comments to the entire staff especially Marian and my new hire Alicia at the front desk. I am sure they will be very appreciative to hear what you have written.
We strive to delight our guests with our service and wow them with a crisp clean rooms. I do hope we can see you again soon and provide another great stay.

GM

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Initially, I interacted with 3 people. Team member, Opal, was very helpful, as was Scott, the maintenance man, who responded to my questions and requests immediately. The manager, Terry, was also very attentive. It was a pleasant surprise to receive such a warm welcome. They informed me about local dining and directions to the roads I needed to travel. Room is spacious and clean and has wifi available. I appreciate the fact that this motel is pet-friendly (for future use).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

My sincere thanks for your review. Your review certainly gave all of us smiles, knowing that we had provided you with a truly exceptional experience, and that you left feeling that you had received a great value by choosing Red Roof Inns, Inc.! I greatly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I do hope we can see you again soon and provide another great stay.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I am not familiar with this area at all, I called ahead and spoke with Opal who was very helpful since I had a dilemma with only being able to use cash since my credit card had been compromised and shut down earlier in the day. She made sure that my room was close to the lobby being that I was a single female traveling alone and took extra time and effort to make sure I was comfortable. Opal was a great help and I very much appreciated the excellent customer service. It made my stay much more comfortable and helped me to be at ease. I would recommend this Red Roof Inn, and stay again myself.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your compliments about Opal! Your words were such encouragement to them to continue to provide exceptional service! You made their day! It's great to know you enjoyed your stay so much and I hope we can welcome you back again very soon!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Desk clerk Opal went above and beyond her duties to make me happy.I explained to her that corporate office wouldn't allow discounts that were due me, so she made the discounts happen. She could have refused to help me and taken the risk off losing a good customer, as I have stayed at Inn 101 at least once a year for the last 20 years.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to do a review for my property. I am happy to hear that Opal was able to assist you with the discount that you were looking for. We take pride in providing great lodging at a reasonable rate for all of our guests. Our location is ideal for both business and leisure travelers. I appreciate you being such a loyal guest for the past 20 years and I look forward to your next visit.

Terry Fitch General Manager