“Exellent staff & service”

Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Saint Clairsville
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My fiancee & I checked in & Marian was very helpful to get us checked in quickly & efficiently!! It was cool out & the room already had heater on!! (Other hotels I've stayed at, the rooms are cold & you wait to get warm) The room was crisp & clean and we enjoyed the nice comfy mattress & pillows in business king! Checking out was a breeze & Marian was there training a new associate,who seemed to be catching on well. I would absolutely recommend staying at this Red Roof Inn!!!!

Room Tip: Business Kings are the best!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you so much for writing a review on our hotel. I will make sure that I pass along your comments to the entire staff especially Marian and my new hire Alicia at the front desk. I am sure they will be very appreciative to hear what you have written.
We strive to delight our guests with our service and wow them with a crisp clean rooms. I do hope we can see you again soon and provide another great stay.

GM

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Initially, I interacted with 3 people. Team member, Opal, was very helpful, as was Scott, the maintenance man, who responded to my questions and requests immediately. The manager, Terry, was also very attentive. It was a pleasant surprise to receive such a warm welcome. They informed me about local dining and directions to the roads I needed to travel. Room is spacious and clean and has wifi available. I appreciate the fact that this motel is pet-friendly (for future use).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

My sincere thanks for your review. Your review certainly gave all of us smiles, knowing that we had provided you with a truly exceptional experience, and that you left feeling that you had received a great value by choosing Red Roof Inns, Inc.! I greatly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I do hope we can see you again soon and provide another great stay.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I am not familiar with this area at all, I called ahead and spoke with Opal who was very helpful since I had a dilemma with only being able to use cash since my credit card had been compromised and shut down earlier in the day. She made sure that my room was close to the lobby being that I was a single female traveling alone and took extra time and effort to make sure I was comfortable. Opal was a great help and I very much appreciated the excellent customer service. It made my stay much more comfortable and helped me to be at ease. I would recommend this Red Roof Inn, and stay again myself.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your compliments about Opal! Your words were such encouragement to them to continue to provide exceptional service! You made their day! It's great to know you enjoyed your stay so much and I hope we can welcome you back again very soon!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Desk clerk Opal went above and beyond her duties to make me happy.I explained to her that corporate office wouldn't allow discounts that were due me, so she made the discounts happen. She could have refused to help me and taken the risk off losing a good customer, as I have stayed at Inn 101 at least once a year for the last 20 years.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to do a review for my property. I am happy to hear that Opal was able to assist you with the discount that you were looking for. We take pride in providing great lodging at a reasonable rate for all of our guests. Our location is ideal for both business and leisure travelers. I appreciate you being such a loyal guest for the past 20 years and I look forward to your next visit.

Terry Fitch General Manager

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Room was older but well maintained, mine had a newly remodeled bathroom. Rooms are a little small but the lighting in the room is good. Internet works pretty well. Have to go to the front desk for coffee, no coffee machine in the room. There is no pool/spa or fitness here. The motel is conveniently located near a Wal-Mart, Sam’s club and several restaurants but it's a little difficult to walk as there is no crosswalk or sidewalks and the motel is very high up on a hill. I walked to the Denny's and it was a workout getting back up. The little refrigerator was making a moaning noise but it quit after I unplugged it. Overall it was ok.

Room Tip: It's just a long 2 floor motel and all rooms face outwards so they are pretty much the same. Rem...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. I am delighted to know that you found our hotel to be clean and well maintained. I’m sorry that your room had a refrigerator that was making a noise. You may be assured that this issue will be immediately evaluated and corrected. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff as it is always great to hear from our valued guest. Have a wonderful new year and I hope we will see you soon on your next trip through the area!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way home from a lengthy trip. The area had received some snow the night before. The lot was somewhat clear, but could have been better: since it wasn't a clean job, what was left had melted then froze. I almost fell a few times, as did my wife who was in a walking cast.

Our nonsmoking room had obviously been smoked in -- while disappointing, the staff immediately let us check on several other open rooms nearby and let us pick our next spot. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The temperature control is awkward: the cooling and heating are kept separate, something we didn't entirely figure out until we were ready to leave.

The hotel, obviously, is pet friendly, as are all Red Roofs. Of course, I think this hotel could take it further: it's one thing to allow pets into a room, but I judge pet friendliness by other accommodations: how easy is it to get your dog outside for a walk? Where can she pee? Is the area walkable? There's no great area to take your dog to relieve herself, and the iciness made it awkward to eventually find such a spot in the back.

While I have some nitpicks, though, I think it's important to stress that this place was quiet and clean. While it could accommodate pets a bit better, and needs to handle a small snowstorm much better, I'm giving it four stars because it's perfectly fine: the rates are competitive, and the rooms excel beyond their price point.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the weather conditions that you encountered in Ohio during stay. Also, I am truly sorry that your first room had been smoked in but we were able to switch rooms for you upon check-in. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff and I will look forward to having you stay with us the next time your travels bring you this way.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The trip was to meet up with my wife, brought by my daughter and husband, coming 300 miles from the East and I came from 400 miles to the west. This was one of only a few motels with vacancies and a good place to meet-up, visit Cabela's and eat. I did not have time to read reviews and the motels were filling up quickly due to a basketball tournament in town. We were happy with our choice. Our rooms were close together and once we went to sleep, we could not hear any noise from the basketball teams. A very nice experience.

Room Tip: There are regular rooms and "supreme". The supreme are bigger, have a nice desk and light...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

My sincere thanks for your review. I am always glad to hear from "First Time" guest experiences at our location. Sounds like Red Roof St. Clairsville maybe a great half way stop for future accommodations for your family. I do hope we can see you again and provide another wonderful stay.

Happy Holidays

Days Inn St Clairsville
Days Inn St Clairsville
#6 of 15 in Saint Clairsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham St. Clairsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 15 in Saint Clairsville
Hampton Inn St. Clairsville
Hampton Inn St. Clairsville
#2 of 15 in Saint Clairsville
The McLure Hotel & Suites
Candlewood Suites St. Clairsville
Candlewood Suites St. Clairsvill...
#8 of 15 in Saint Clairsville

Been to Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville? Share your experiences!