“It's ok, nothing special”

Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Saint Clairsville
North Kansas City, Missouri
“It's ok, nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Room was older but well maintained, mine had a newly remodeled bathroom. Rooms are a little small but the lighting in the room is good. Internet works pretty well. Have to go to the front desk for coffee, no coffee machine in the room. There is no pool/spa or fitness here. The motel is conveniently located near a Wal-Mart, Sam’s club and several restaurants but it's a little difficult to walk as there is no crosswalk or sidewalks and the motel is very high up on a hill. I walked to the Denny's and it was a workout getting back up. The little refrigerator was making a moaning noise but it quit after I unplugged it. Overall it was ok.

Room Tip: It's just a long 2 floor motel and all rooms face outwards so they are pretty much the same. Rem...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. I am delighted to know that you found our hotel to be clean and well maintained. I’m sorry that your room had a refrigerator that was making a noise. You may be assured that this issue will be immediately evaluated and corrected. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff as it is always great to hear from our valued guest. Have a wonderful new year and I hope we will see you soon on your next trip through the area!

Terry Fitch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way home from a lengthy trip. The area had received some snow the night before. The lot was somewhat clear, but could have been better: since it wasn't a clean job, what was left had melted then froze. I almost fell a few times, as did my wife who was in a walking cast.

Our nonsmoking room had obviously been smoked in -- while disappointing, the staff immediately let us check on several other open rooms nearby and let us pick our next spot. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The temperature control is awkward: the cooling and heating are kept separate, something we didn't entirely figure out until we were ready to leave.

The hotel, obviously, is pet friendly, as are all Red Roofs. Of course, I think this hotel could take it further: it's one thing to allow pets into a room, but I judge pet friendliness by other accommodations: how easy is it to get your dog outside for a walk? Where can she pee? Is the area walkable? There's no great area to take your dog to relieve herself, and the iciness made it awkward to eventually find such a spot in the back.

While I have some nitpicks, though, I think it's important to stress that this place was quiet and clean. While it could accommodate pets a bit better, and needs to handle a small snowstorm much better, I'm giving it four stars because it's perfectly fine: the rates are competitive, and the rooms excel beyond their price point.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the weather conditions that you encountered in Ohio during stay. Also, I am truly sorry that your first room had been smoked in but we were able to switch rooms for you upon check-in. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff and I will look forward to having you stay with us the next time your travels bring you this way.

Danville, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

The trip was to meet up with my wife, brought by my daughter and husband, coming 300 miles from the East and I came from 400 miles to the west. This was one of only a few motels with vacancies and a good place to meet-up, visit Cabela's and eat. I did not have time to read reviews and the motels were filling up quickly due to a basketball tournament in town. We were happy with our choice. Our rooms were close together and once we went to sleep, we could not hear any noise from the basketball teams. A very nice experience.

Room Tip: There are regular rooms and "supreme". The supreme are bigger, have a nice desk and light...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
My sincere thanks for your review. I am always glad to hear from "First Time" guest experiences at our location. Sounds like Red Roof St. Clairsville maybe a great half way stop for future accommodations for your family. I do hope we can see you again and provide another wonderful stay.

Happy Holidays

General Manager.
Beckley, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was here for a 3 night stay and was a little hesitant due to some of the reviews. However we were on a tight budget and this suited us. We stayed in room 109 and it was very clean, newly renovated, and quiet although we did hear some noise in the mornings outside. Room was a little small but for 2 people was okay. Will definatley be staying again. Will also add, we placed a do not disturb on the door and was no bothered at all. That is something that I look at as I sometimes keep valuables in the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad to know that you found our hotel to be such a great value! I hope we can accommodate you in the future and talk you into a much larger Superior King room. Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville.

Happy Holidays

General Manager.
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Thankfully we had placed a reservation the day before because when we arrived at 10:00 pm at night, the office was busy! This area of Ohio is very busy with construction and gas company work. Someone else may have given our situation a lower rating, however, I don't mind "hiccups" in service as long as the issues are resolved, which ours was immediately. We requested an non-smoking room and we went into a room that had an ashtray and smelled of smoke. I immediately called the office and she rectified the situation, putting us in a non-smoking room. (Apparently the room we were first placed in was supposed to be non-smoking but the previous guests turned it into a smoking room!)
The rooms were updated to modern decor. There was plenty of room. The bathroom vanity is outside of the toilet/shower room. My kids thought that was neat! Everything was clean and comfortable. We were SO happy with this room, as we paid under $100 and just needed a place to sleep for the night on our way to Indiana.
I read the reviews of this particular Red Roof before I made the reservations and some people commented on the construction trucks taking up the space in the lots. I say, "So what??" These men are working hard and need a place to sleep at night. I can share the space with my SUV!
I wish I had remembered the name of the lady working the desk that evening. She did an excellent job with the "crowd" waiting to see if there was a room available. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Indiana!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I am very glad that you had a pleasant stay and that we exceeded your expections! Hopefully you will stop in again on your next trip through the area. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you soon!

Happy Holidays,

Newark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is an excellent place to stay. Beds are comfortable, rooms are always clean. The staff (especially Marian) are always friendly and helpful. I stay here often when I go to visit my son and always have had a wonderful experience. And Marian, the place you recommended to eat (a new place that just opened in the area) was fantastic!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the St. Clairsville Red Roof Inn. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team and especially Marian. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you for letting us be your home away home while you visit your son.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here on November 2 and I was greeted with a smile by both Opal and Shari. Both were helpful by providing superb choices on where to eat that evening. When my husband and I arrived at our room, I was pleasantly surprised to find the room very clean and inviting. The room was spacious and the bed was very cozy. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Saint Clairsville.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We were happy to read your positive comments about the look of our hotel as well as the service of our staff members. We take pride in the quality of our hotel and in delivering the highest level of service. We look forward to welcoming you again.