“Super Friendly and Very Clean”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Saint Clairsville
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here on November 2 and I was greeted with a smile by both Opal and Shari. Both were helpful by providing superb choices on where to eat that evening. When my husband and I arrived at our room, I was pleasantly surprised to find the room very clean and inviting. The room was spacious and the bed was very cozy. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Saint Clairsville.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

We were happy to read your positive comments about the look of our hotel as well as the service of our staff members. We take pride in the quality of our hotel and in delivering the highest level of service. We look forward to welcoming you again.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel was so nasty and dirty, I had to leave even though it was very late at night and I was tired. Room smelled so bad, it was disgusting. Ended up at the Days Inn down the road, which was like the Bates Motel at the top of a hill, but that was miles above this very low quality Red Roof Inn. I can't believe the high ratings here, they are NOT warranted. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very sorry about the inconvenience that you encountered while you were at my inn. Our goal is to ensure each of our guests has an exceptional stay with us and in your case we failed. There is no excuse for the bad odor and I will make sure that we continue to check for this during our daily room checks. We take all of guest comments very seriously. We read them, learn from them, and use them to better serve our guests. Once again thank you for sharing your comments with us we look forward to using them to make our guests stay that much better. I hope that you decide to give Red Roof Inn another try so that we can show you that your experience was an exception rather than the rule.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Found three bugs from two different species. One was in the bed, one on the ceiling and another coming out from behind the mirrow. In the tub/shower, found the bar of soap from the prior night's resident. I would not associate any of these things with a room that was clean.

The location is good and its less expensive than other places in the area but hardly cheap. Seems like some of the oil/gas activity in the area has caused hotel rates to go up dramatically in this area.

Oh, and then there was the cleaning person who entered at 9:30 AM without knocking.

Room Tip: The 800 number offered only double and single beds; the hotel desk actually had kings available.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experiences and I am truly sorry that you experience several different issues during your stay. First, we do perform daily room inspections so I can assure you finding a used bar of soap in the tub/shower area is an isolated incident. Second, our property is located near a wooded area and I truly understand how the location of your particular room could have experienced a couple insects if the door had been left open by the housekeeper. We did have that room treated immediately after you informed me of the problem during checkout. I want to thank you once again for sharing your experience with us, and we are driven to make improvements and making our guests’ experience enjoyable and positive. I hope you decide to give Red Roof Inn another opportunity the next time you travel to show this experience was an exception and not our standard.

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night last weekend on a short road trip to Cleveland and the Ohio Valley. There's no continental breakfast (but there's coffee in the lobby) but the service was friendly, the room clean and comfortable. The wi-fi was a little slow, but that's my only complaint.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank tayser
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for your feedback! Glad to know you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable! I am sorry that you had an issue with our internet service being slow. I hope we can accommodate you in the future and provide a room that is 100% satisfactory! Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inns! Happy Travels, Terry Fitch General Manager.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This area is being used hard by gas/coal workers and this property is managing to keep up with it and everything in good shape. Property is above average for this brand. Is a great value for the area and would stay here again without hesitation. Houskeepers were friendly in pointing out where to eat/find services in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric H
terry1212, Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you so much for your compliments about the great service and clean rooms! Your words were such encouragement to my staff to continue to provide exceptional service and you made their day! So glad to know that we were able to be provided you with directions to different places to eat in the area. It's great to know you enjoyed your stay so much and I hope we can welcome you back again very soon!

Red Roof General Manager

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Like all Red Roof Inns, they don't offer

Like all Red Roof Inns, they don't have a breakfast, just coffee. But the place is great, and the price is right. We'd satay there again.

Finding the entry road takes a little neck-twisting, as it's up on a hillside terrace above the I-70 crossroad. As at all Red Roofs, be sure to decline the in-room safe when you check out, and avoid the $1.50 add-on.

a breakfast, just coffee.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rollingstoneman
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It is great to hear such positive feedback and know that you enjoyed your stay so much! We strive to provide great servce matched with exceptional quality. Hopefully we can accommodate you again soon on a future trip.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stay here often as I am traveling across the country. It is a wonderful hotel and Marian at the front desk is wonderful! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The price was right for my budget and they allow me to keep my pet with me which is another bonus. There are a ton of places close by to eat and shop and the room itself was very clean and the bed comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
terry1212, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear valued guest:
Thank you so very much for taking time from your schedule to post such an outstanding review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It has been our goal to exceed our guest’s expectations and by reading your comments, we were successful. Your comments are very much appreciated and passed onto Marian.

Again, our sincerest thanks and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Clairsville
Days Inn St Clairsville
Days Inn St Clairsville
#5 of 15 in Saint Clairsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham St. Clairsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 15 in Saint Clairsville
Comfort Inn Saint Clairsville
Comfort Inn Saint Clairsville
#7 of 15 in Saint Clairsville
Candlewood Suites St. Clairsville
Candlewood Suites St. Clairsvill...
#8 of 15 in Saint Clairsville
Hampton Inn St. Clairsville
Hampton Inn St. Clairsville
#2 of 15 in Saint Clairsville
Wilson Lodge at Oglebay Resort & Conference Center

Been to Red Roof Inn St. Clairsville? Share your experiences!