“Dirty and smelly rooms needs remodel”

Days Inn St Clairsville
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Saint Clairsville
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We needed a hotel on our drive to the Midwest. We'd been in the car for 9 hours with 2 kids and stopped at the Days Inn in St. Clairsville Ohio. It was a great location ... right off the interstate but the hotel itself was TERRIBLE! We had prepaid our room so we had no other choice but to stay there. We arrived after 1am and were exhausted.

When I went to check in at the front desk the lobby area had a STRONG smell of cigarettes and just a lot of smoke. Terrible smell for a nonsmoker! The desk clerk gave us a room on the 1st floor but was a smoking room. NO WAY! We have an asthmatic Child. He found us a room on the 2nd floor and we were off to find the room. We drove around the big parking lot several times as they had NO parking. It was late and we had two tired children to get into a bed. We illegally parked and headed up to the room.

What a diaster! My 12 year old refused to get under the sheets as it looked so dirty and dingy. SHe used her own pillows and snuggy as her blanket. The carpet felt so grimy that we all put back on socks to walk around. The room was so worn and in need of an update. We didnt feel comfortable sitting anywhere.

We stayed the minimum amount of time needed to get rest and were off in the morning. The breakfast that was included we didn't know where to go. If it were served anywhere around the lobby it would be horrible to be around with the smell. We will NEVER NEVER return to this place to stay. It was almost a nightmare to our family as it was loud in the walkways when anyone walked past (including maid) and dirty.

Drive to the next exit (Mall blvd 220exit) and stay at the Hampton Inn. It may cost a bit more money but they have an indoor pool, nice breakfast and rooms to enter from a hallway. It's a much safer and cleaner hotel than this dreadful Days Inn. Stay away!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank PANJCA

Reviewed July 21, 2011

This is an old Holiday Inn (look at the address) and is a little worn. The parking lot was filled with mud covered off road vehicles. The breakfast room a bit small, but with a nice fish tank. My room was a top floor room overlooking the pool and had a nice view to the west. Hills and sunset. Older furniture, clean and comfortable room. I'd stay here again, but think it is a bit too high on the price.

Room Tip: Upper floor overlooking pool is best.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I wouldn't put my worst enemy. Carpetting was filthy, bed was old and like a hammock, very insecure premises and everything in the room was dirty.

Should be a motel or one star

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Sidpad01
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Needed a hotel for one night during a long drive west. This hotel seemed to fit the bill as it was reasonably priced and from a trusted brand. But I was wrong.

The bed sheets were old and dirty. We couldn't even use them. The carpet was also quite dirty. If I hadn't arrived late in the day, I probably would have requested that they cancel my reservation. But after several hours of driving, there was little that we could do but suck it up and try to sleep. Was surprised at the overall condition of the place.

The staff was very pleasant and cannot be blamed for the failure of the management to acquire new furnishings and sheets. They can only work with what they are given.

If I have to say something nice, the lobby was clean, the landscaping was in good shape and there was an internet terminal available. We did not get around to trying the breakfast as we had to continue first thing in the morning.

I would live to stay in the hotel that appears in the pictures on the Days Inn website but I am not sure it exists.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the pool. Its the quiet side.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MR_PHL
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Very clean room , breakfast was great, enjoyed our stay very much. Cabela's only 15 miles away. Great mall close by. This has been our 4th time staying. We will be back in the fall.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn52522
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Sometimes you have a bad experience that's over after it's done, but some experiences are so bad that it snowballs into hours and even days after the event. This is one of those. The outside had a college dorm appeal to it, but the inside was nicer than expected except.... The bed was hard and lumpy. The AC had issues and they acted like that was normal, so the room stayed a sticky, humid 80 degrees most of the night. I was there with my 2 toddlers and my newborn, and none of us got sleep between the AC and the beds, so I drove home half asleep, and now my kids' sleep schedule is off and it will probably take a few days to get them back on track. The two hours I was able to sleep in the morning was interrupted a couple times by one guy with the motel staff checking to see if we left yet (before check out time).

Otherwise, check out is at 11AM, and the room had a small refrigerator and a microwave. Oh yeah, the refrigerator got all my items in it wet when the power went out for a few hours in the morning. They sell Pepsi products in the machines. And they did have an outdoor pool, 9AM to 9PM, and we never got the chance to swim in it. Anyway, none of that really matters. You get a hotel room so you can sleep. I just paid 70 bucks to stay up all night with crying fussy kids and a sticky sweaty lumpy bed, and really I would have been much better off just to drive home that night even though I was falling asleep behind the wheel trying to get to this Days Inn.

I'm just happy that I was able to walk out without having to file a law suit. I guess things could have been worse, but man, to take away the sleep from a mom of 3 in diapers is just beyond sadistic.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Friendly staff the rooms were very clean. We stayed for four nights and the service was excellent. Hotel staff was helpful with things to see and where to eat. Try Melmans Restaurant great home cooking at great prices.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#7 of 8 in Triadelphia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wheeling-St. Clairsville, OH
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wheeling-...
#12 of 15 in Saint Clairsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham St. Clairsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 15 in Saint Clairsville
Hampton Inn St. Clairsville
Hampton Inn St. Clairsville
#2 of 15 in Saint Clairsville

Been to Days Inn St Clairsville? Share your experiences!