“Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Saint Clairsville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
stephaniew238, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Reviewed April 29, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The hotel is about a year old. Very clean. All the staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast each morning was very good, variety for all to enjoy. Close to lots of shopping and short ride to casinos. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Hello TravellingBuddies,
I am glad you had a nice stay and thank you for all the compliments to our desk staff, breakfast, and location!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We were in town for a family funeral and visiting family for three days. We choose this hotel as it's only 4 miles from family and had great reviews from Trip advise plus convenient to interstate as we drove in from Atlanta, GA.

From the moment we were greeted at the front desk, with cookies too .. which were wonderful:) We were in a hurry to get to family so quickly got the room keys checked out our room (leaving our things in the car still .. hurry). Met our room attendant in the elevator while leaving she advised she would be taking care of our floor during our stay if we needed anything to just leave a note for her. Very friendly staff!!

I have stayed in 5 star hotels that cost at least triple plus this place per night and this hotel was actually better then those I have stayed at!!! Staff was excellent, Hotel Extremely clean, very well maintained. WOW

We had a king suite (one that had a sofa bed, and sitting ledge in the window, along with bar stools/counter, bar sink, refrigerator, microwave. Loved the charging area and double desk area for both my husband and I to work without bothering each other. HUGE flat screen TV (however we never even turned it on during our stay LOL ).

My children were staying/visiting with grandma however our last night we thought it be easier they stay with us since we would be leaving early in the morning. So I remembered what our room attendant said and I left her a note asking for two extra sets of bathtowels, and an extra pillow/blanket set (there was one in the closet for the sofa bed) but the extra one would work for my younger child to sleep in the window sofa/seat as it's cushioned and a great view (she loved it). Lexie was our room attendant she got my note did I as I requested and went BEYOND expectations!!!! She left an extra shampoo for my family of 4 rather then the normal 1 to a room. Extra bath mat, extra cups, (all this I didn't even think that we would need but did), she even wrote a note back to me and left a few pieces of candy (if they were allowed to have it). Awwww so sweet of her. Talk about service Lexie went WAYYYY out of her way to make my family feel like we were staying with friends instead of a "hotel" You have a "golden" employee here which is rare in any service industry and I have worked them all over the years. She will keep your guests coming back along with all your wonderful friendly staff. Thank you for making a stressful timed trip so much more comfortable for my family.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
stephaniew238, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Hi Terri2south,
Thank you for the wonderfully nice(and thorough) review!
I will be sure to recognize Lexi for doing such a fantastic job taking care of your needs: I am very proud of her, she is a great employee who makes us smile constantly.
I am glad that we were able to make you feel comfortable during your stressful trip to the area.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have been coming to St Clairsville for the bowling tournament at St Clair Lanes since 1990, and this years stay at the Microtel was by far my best stay. The staff was very friendly, when I called to book and also when we arrived. We had people arrive Friday and spend two nights and also others that arrived Saturday for one night stays. The girls at the counter were very helpful with getting rooms strait and were very friendly to all that checked in. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. I think we booked seven rooms for Friday and an additional six rooms for Saturday, and everyone in the group was pleased with their rooms, shows the staff and hotel care about their customers. The only glitch I had was when we tried to get the conference room so myself and the guys could play cards and have some beverages, the staff checked and said they would have to charge us $200 for the room. We booked a total 20 rooms for the two nights we were there and they were gonna charge us for the conference room at night, but the staff said we would be more then welcome to use the breakfast area and needless to say we had a great weekend.
I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anybody staying in St Clairsville or the surrounding area to drive a couple extra miles, the staff and the room are definitely worth it!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
stephaniew238, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham St. Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Hello Todd S,
Thank you for calling us “the BEST” hotel in St. C; what an amazing compliment!
I am very excited to hear that you had such a fantastic stay with us, I hope that you guys did well in your tournament.
Thank you to you and your entire group for staying with us, and thank you for writing this review.