“Nice place to grab some grub”

West Texas Roadhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Germantown, Maryland
“Nice place to grab some grub”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The double D wings were great, and we really enjoyed our steak and taco salads, too. Lots of food, so be ready to order cautiously, leave some behind, or leave stuffed. Good experience, but could use a few microbrews to round out beer selection.

Visited September 2012

Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
“Good steaks!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Love the rib eye, baked sweet potatoes, and casual atmosphere!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I am staying (on my own) for business for 2 weeks in St Clairsville so I get to try many restaurants.

The West Texas Roadhouse was one of the good experience. The menu offers quite some choices beside the steaks (and an extensive list of steaks of course).
I had one of the middle range steak, which was good. The waiters are efficients and friendly, the food comes quickly.

The prices are reasonable for the food and the beers. Being a wine drinker, I often get hamered on the bill for my drinks and this was no exception (why are all the restaurants in North America overpricing their wine, even the most basic ones ?). That said if you stick to beer or soft drinks you'll be fine.

What I enjoyed most in this restaurant was the atmosphere ... very relaxed. When you come in group you don't always pay attention but when on your own you have no choice other than to feel the atmosphere around you. It can be a bit oppressing in some cases, but there i felt very comfortable.

I'll most likely return after I'll try a few other restaurants in the area.

• Visited June 2012
Saint Clairsville, Ohio, USA
“You'll leave full and satisfied”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Great Menu variety--steak, ribs, chicken, fish, salads and great quality food. The Texas Strip steak is my favorite ... consistantly one of the best quality steaks I've had ... but I also like the baked fish. The kitchen always cooks my steak perfectly, unlike many of the chain restaurants where everything comes out MWell-Well. My son prefers the ribs--tender and with a tasty sauce. As a starter, we fill up on peanuts, rolls and texas toast. We also choose a pretty standard tossed salad with a good italian dressing. Along with the meal, I like the HUGE baked potato while my son opts for the brew city fries--a lightly batter fry. For desert, I LOVE the Reese's PB pie. Through the entire meal we listen to country music. I also have to rave about the service ... plenty of staff on hand, food brought out hot, drinks refilled regularly, and cashed out promptly. This has become a regular stop for family dinner night.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank rphbucco
Ohio
“Good eating!”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My husband and I stopped at the West Texas Roadhouse for dinner, in Saint Clairsville, on our way to Wheeling Island. I had planned to get a steak but changed my mind and got meatballs with Linguinne. The meatballs and sauce were big and delicious. My husband had southwestern BBQ chicken. Ended up not eating it all and took leftovers to finish later. The food was just as good the second time around. yum yum! :) The atmosphere was fun with peanuts shells thrown all over the place, oh yeah, they give you a small bucket of peanuts to pig out on also. lol Probably why we coudn't finish our meal. Service was excellent. It made our overnight getaway that much better. Will definately go again when in the area.

• Visited May 2012